'The Horse in Art 2012' Exhibition, on in London

LauraBR

Visit site
I just wanted to bring to peoples' attention this exhibition which is currently on in London, until the 1st December.

There are over 200 works on display by leading and emerging equestrian artists; the standard is fantastic this year and with such a wide range of styles, mediums (and prices!), something for everyone. Couple of HHOers have had work selected too!

The Menier gallery is a short walk from London Bridge tube; worth a look if you are in London and worth a trip to London if you are not :) Feel free to share the flyer image wherever you think interested people might see it.

121103_seaflyer.jpg

**Disclaimer** I have had permission to post this but TFC has made it clear that if any individual artists use the thread to promote themselves it will be pulled ;)

Mildred

Visit site
I went on Wednesday and had a lovely evening (as well as a lovely afternoon of wine and italian food!). Some beautiful paintings to see! :)

Kat

Visit site
I'm not going this year as DH hasn't entered but it will be a lovely day out for anyone who is heading to London.

I think moving it closer to Xmas is s great idea for increasing sales and footfall too!

LauraBR

Visit site
I think moving it closer to Xmas is s great idea for increasing sales and footfall too!

Hope so! The usual date clashed with the Olympics hence new venue too :)

Reminds me, forgot to mention that the whole catalogue can be viewed online too here- www.equestrianartists.co.uk (although all the work is so much more impressive in the flesh, some of them are absolutely huge!!).

Sleighfarer

Visit site
I had an invite for this for Weds but couldn't go - gave invite to one of my colleagues and he went and said it was super.

For anyone who thinks it is out of the way, it really isn't. Just round the corner from Tate Modern, Borough market etc.

I will pop over next week but will have to leave my credit cards at home as I actually bought something last time! (By Cathy Spearing).

Hope you get a few sales Laura and Mildred :)

Sleighfarer

Visit site
Oh dear, have just looked at the catalogue and see Cathy Spearing has won a prize. (I knew I had good taste :p) I am going to have to cut up my credit cards :D

LauraBR

Visit site
Glad your friend enjoyed it Seafarer! Cathy has some lovely work there this year, her drawing that the won the prize was also shortlisted for Artists & Illustrators magazine 'artist of the year' so she has done brilliantly with it!

Mildred has sold at least one of hers already! :D I wish I had the money to buy Jenny Bell's lifesize painting of Royal Applause... and a house big enough to put it in haha!

Have fun when you visit, I think I am going to go back and have another browse on the last day when it is a bit quieter! :)