'The Horse in Art' Exhibition, Mall Galleries London Aug 2-7th

LauraBR

Visit site
I know there are lots of people on here who have an interest in equestrian art so just wanted to share the details of this exhibition with you :)

Entry is free and it should be a really incredible exhibition featuring work from many of the nations leading equestrian artists. Definitely worth a look if you are in London and worth a trip on the train if you are not! :D

I know of at least 3 HHOers who have had work selected to appear in the exhibition so be sure to look out for that especially if you go! ;)

280475_221111181264264_112353162140067_604262_3326951_o.jpg

P.S. TFC has kindly given me the all clear to post this :)

piggyinablanket

stephaniegreaves.com
I also have two paintings there this year! whoohoooooo! I cant wait to see the exhibition it will be amazing. Do come along if you can, There will be some seriously beautiful equestrian art representing all disciplines and painting styles. Im so excited.
:) :)

Kat

Visit site
OH isn't exhibiting there this year.

Mark has too much on, with commissions, a couple of big solo exhibitions, and the usual art fairs etc. But he's on the website. Good luck to everyone who has got a picture in, hope you win a prize and get some sales.

LauraBR

Visit site
Hope all Mark's exhibition's are going well Katt, he sounds really busy at the moment from his Twitter feed!

I was really pleased to scrape two into this exhibition this year, the standard was very high indeed if the quality of a lot of the work that didn't get in is anything to go by. Mildred is the other HHOer I know who got work in too :)

It is really easy to find madhossy, you can see a map on the gallery website here- http://www.mallgalleries.org.uk/index.php?pid=5.

Mildred

Visit site
I also have two paintings there this year! whoohoooooo! I cant wait to see the exhibition it will be amazing. Do come along if you can, There will be some seriously beautiful equestrian art representing all disciplines and painting styles. Im so excited.
:) :)

I have only just realised who you are - doh!!!:eek:

I am looking forward to going and am expecting to be completely overawed by all the lovely paintings.

Kat

Visit site
Hope all Mark's exhibition's are going well Katt, he sounds really busy at the moment from his Twitter feed!

I was really pleased to scrape two into this exhibition this year, the standard was very high indeed if the quality of a lot of the work that didn't get in is anything to go by. Mildred is the other HHOer I know who got work in too :)

It is really easy to find madhossy, you can see a map on the gallery website here- http://www.mallgalleries.org.uk/index.php?pid=5.

Thanks, so far it has been a successful year, we had a very busy art fair down south in spring that really surpassed expectations and the first solo exhibition sales were on target. We've got one of our more important art fairs this weekend and then the usual summer of country shows and horse trials before the art fairs and wxhibitions start again in September. It is going to be a busy year but the work is coming in so it it starting to feel a bit like we are turning the next corner and getting somewhere!

Not sure when he will have the time to do something specifically for the SEA again, maybe next year as he has only got one gallery exhibition scheduled in so far!

Best of luck to you though, really hope that the exhibition goes well for you.

LauraBR

Visit site
Thank you Herpesas and Buffy!

The SEA is great Herpesas, apart from the exhibitions they also run a number of great workshops paintings horses from life and so on- I get lots out of the Society, well worth joining if you haven't already :)

Herpesas

Visit site
I was a 'Friend' for about a year but was then out of work for a bit, belt tightened and couldn't afford subscription - haven't really got back into it since. 2 portraits to do this month - if they are successful, I'll have rethink and consider submitting some work next year. :confused:

With everything else that's going on, I haven't had the calm needed for painting anything worth looking at! :rolleyes:

Would love to make Associate member but I think the quality of the 'Friends' gallery has really increased! Not sure I'm worthy now! Lol! :D

SpruceRI

Visit site
Well, I went to the Exhibition today and was 'wow-ed' by all the fabulous paintings, drawings and sculptures.

Picking my favourite was REALLY hard!!

I bought a brochure, so am I allowed to know who on here produced which pieces?? (PM if you'd prefer!!)

:)