The hunt continues- new spec horse hunt..!

rara007

Visit site
400 miles and 12 hours later plus countless hours searching the web and calling contacts and I’ve concluded I’m not going to be able to find what I want broken, and even if I can I won’t be able to afford it by some margin. So mission build your own is going to start! It’s a bit of a risk strategy as not everything takes to the sport and then even if it does not all make the top levels but I enjoy the journey as much as the destination so I can take that risk.

New spec = 148cm-158cm (to mature 150-163ish), gelding, 3-6YO, over grown sports pony/under grown sports horse type with naturally big walk overtrack, cadenced trot with a swinging back and covering the ground, canter that looks like it could change without much thought. Not fussed exactly on breeding as long as it looks the part. If nearer the smaller end must be physically mature enough to carry a normal adult rider. SE England, Home Counties or East Anglia. Movement is priority over exact textbook confo. Goes without saying must have sweet temperament but I find that hard to assess from adverts! Ideally not grey or mainly white coloured but not a deal breaker! Not fussed how much work it’s had and broken or backed at all as long as it’s well handled and not been ruined. 4 figure budget.
Any stud suggestions that might have anything in that category also appreciated!
Thanks

Clodagh

Visit site
i have messaged a friend who competes a couple of small stallions (showjumping) and has a few youngsters from them. She is near Dunmow in Essex.

Littlebear

Visit site
I have seen a few like you mention with pattens stud in Essex, worth a look?

I do have one that matches what you want but not sure i am decided on parting with him or not!

blodwyn1

Visit site
Would a section d not do the job? Might be worth contacting trixies stud at battlesbridge. He drives nearly all his cobs.

rara007

Visit site
Thank you!
Sweet horse, not very forwards compared to what I’m used to but then he’s only 6. Hmm.
Looking at the prices people are putting on things maybe it’s best to wait off until Jan 2021....

rara007

Visit site
Update!
Horse purchased...
3yo, 150cm filly... riding pony sire, florestan dam line. backed 8 weeks and loads of maturing to do. I can tell you more about her xrays than her and yes she speaks German. She’s going to chill out and grow then be restarted- probably over the winter :) I’ll ‘mess about’ with tyres and shafts but won’t bother to hitch her up until she’s established in her balance to not risk the on the forehand drag some LW driving horses revert to. Not even planned transport yet...!
It’s a very odd feeling!

Attachments

• BA8DCAE7-791D-4DB9-8E78-F984FE9ADC67.jpeg
    BA8DCAE7-791D-4DB9-8E78-F984FE9ADC67.jpeg
    490 KB · Views: 51
  • DD5234CD-DC72-46AF-8D6B-6206AB90BEAA.jpeg
    DD5234CD-DC72-46AF-8D6B-6206AB90BEAA.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 47

NLPM

Visit site
Beautiful! How exciting.

Any idea when she might arrive? (I know you said transport is not yet booked, but when are you hoping for?)

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I loaned an imported Holstein who only spoke German. His ears when he heard me speaking German were hilarious, swivelling like satellites!

She’s very pretty.

rara007

Visit site
The poor resident stallion (very mellow but still has that chance and will need a bit of thought re who’s on what side of the fence!) has been trumped :p We’ll have 1 mare, 1 stallion and 7 geldings of various temperaments so we’ll have to run 2 herds all the time but we already are at 4 herds as the cob needs severe grazing restriction, the little old ones a little restriction the middle old ones out 24/7 and mine comes in during the day to sleep eat and work. We don’t use the stallion so maybe he’ll get gelded but the men on the yard don’t like that idea!
My other horse mainly speaks English now but canter is still gallop and with an accent...!