the investigation starts

georgiegirl2

Visit site
After encountering ridden problems over the past few months - ie random napping, rearing and generally being uncooperative we have got to find out the reason why twig has gone from super talented youngster to complete cow bag

Last year we bought her from a racing yard and got her going very sweetly, going to a few dressage comps and jumping well at home, hacking out alone and in company The past few months she has turned into a monster. From the start we have had saddle prof fitted and teeth done every six months.

I'm giving her one last chance in that I've organised a vet visit and saddle re-check to see if there is pain anywhere that is causing this or wether it is behavioural. There are rub marks under the panels at the back of her saddle though we have put this down to her being a thin skinned / thin coated tb, the saddle doesnt seem to move when ridden and was fitted in sept so is ready for its first check now anyway.

One thing I have noticed is that for a horse that will be 5 in the next couple of months she has been very slow in developing her adult teeth. Her corner front teeth are the tiniest (literally showing a few mm from the gumline) things and on the other corner front tooth she still has a cap on which is ready for coming off as you can see the gap starting to show at the top.

Now is it just me or is this pretty slow development for a 5yo?

It sounds awful but if it is down to behavioural problems and her being a stroppy madam then she may have to move on elsewhere. Im more than willing to give her a chance and do a full investigation as to why she has changed but with a lot of other problems going on in my life right now I dont need the hassle. Mmu thinks Im throwing good money after bad with her and should just get something I can just get out there eventing but unfortunately the world doesnt always work like that and Ive worked so bloody hard with her I dont want to stop now
crazy.gif

tough times
frown.gif

kombikids

Visit site
i am in the same place you are at the mo - have so muchgoing on in my life that i dont need a mare tb with mental issues! i posted on here about selling her last week and got an osteo out yesterday who has said that she has problems with her neck which would account for what she is doing. i think you are right to give her a chance - have you had her back looked at and her teeth? my vet missed both as i dont think they really look at these things, at least it will stop you wondering.

good luck

georgiegirl2

Visit site
ive had her teeth done every six months as she seems to be such a late starter with them, last time was at xmas when she had a front cap removed.

Never had her back done to be honest
blush.gif
although its because I dont really know of anyone whos that good round here, they all seem to be physio rather than chiro's.

hope yours comes better soon. keep us posted!
smile.gif

kombikids

Visit site
thanks - you too - surely its worth asking on here if someone can recommend a back person? you might kick yourself if you find out its that all along....

D

Donkeymad

It could well be the saddle. At her age she will be changing rapidly. I would get the saddle checked first.