The itchiness of lice...

Sophstar

Visit site
Having inspected my clydie like a monkey, I've come to realise he has lice. He has been itchy but is malting his yak like coat so I put it down to that. He's been naked most of the winter so had a very thick coat. He isn't infested with them as I can't see that many when i've checked him, with most being right up on his back, so I want to get them sorted before they get worse. They are the light brown ones that don't move.

It's too chilly to bath atm and our local stores only have the standard Barrier powder. I'll pick some of that up to get started but what's the best thing to order to treat? I'll also need to scrub his door frame that he enjoys a shoulder scratch on and all his brushes. Is deosect the go to treatment?

Jo1987

Visit site
I used diatomaceous earth on my old tb which seems to have done the trick, he was pulling his hair out he was so itchy! I haven’t seen him itch since a couple of days after treatment.
It seems effective on cob’s feather mites as well.

supagran

Visit site
I used diatomaceous earth on my old tb which seems to have done the trick, he was pulling his hair out he was so itchy! I haven’t seen him itch since a couple of days after treatment.
It seems effective on cob’s feather mites as well.

Very interesting Jo1987 - I use DE for my chickens and was talking to my daughter today about it - she was buying "louse powder" for the 8 month old foal. DE is much cheaper than the louse powder she bought!