the mildest bitless bridle??

Taz975

Visit site
Anyone know what the mildest bitless bridle you can use is?
One of mine has a really sore patch in his mouth and it clearly causes alot of pain when a bit is in his mouth. However, hes not strong, and so I want to find something thats not harsh so he wont object to it.
I would give him some time off til its mended, but hes got a really important class on saturday, and its his last chance to qualify so Im hoping to find something suitable.
Any idea much appreciated.

dixie

Visit site
I find the english hackamore fairly mild. I use it on my horse and he is fine. He won't go forward at all if I have too much control so I guess this is pretty mild.

PoppyPony

Visit site
Check out libbys they do a very mild bitless bridle, although I've got no personal experience of it.

They're in robinsons at the moment, who also do quite a few types of bitless bridles.

dwi

Visit site
I ride in a Dr Cooke's it great and is as mild as your hands, my mare would resist the bit but rides really calmly in a bitless. I have also ridden in a Dually halter but I'm not sure if your insurance covers you for this.

try here Bitless bridles

Feel free to pm me if you have any more questions

Unicorn

Visit site
I used to ride in a Dually halter and now ride my lad in a rope hackamore. I've spoken to my insurance company and they are quite happy to cover me in the Dually or the hackamore.

Rupert2006

Visit site
I use a Dr Cook bitless bridle -my ned hates a bit in his mouth (dentist discovered that one of his teeth is growing the wrong way, so any bit would cause pain) - and he is much calmer. The good thing with the Dr Cook is that the lady does a 30 day money back guarantee, so if you don't get on with it you can send it back.