The most interesting thing you have done with a used horse shoe?

PoniesRock

Visit site
I have previously painted a used shoe and tied ribbon around it and given it as a good luck symbol to some friends who got married.
I've also been given a painted shoe which a friend had stuck a photo of me and my pony in. Really nice unique photo frame!

Shantara

Visit site
ShoesEars003.jpg

I plan to do more when Neddy next gets his shoes off :)

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I have three, ready to be cleaned up, ranging in size from a section A to a Clydie, they are going on the wall in the style of the flying ducks :D

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Not very unusual, but we sprayed our Sec A's silver and used them for balloon weights at our wedding. Then people took them home, and we often find them on walls at friend's houses.

TrasaM

Visit site
Have you ever tried horse shoe pitching? Great fun and easy to set up. It's amazing how entertaining it can be trying to chuck a horse shoe onto a stick.

Hedwards

Visit site
I did one for a friends wedding too - a shoe from her own horse, I didnt paint it, just had the farrier 'clean it up' for me when he took it off, found out the colour scheme of the wedding, bought some florists ribbon with the wire in it, and threaded it through with some silk flowers. She loved it, and it now hangs on the wall of the nursary of their newborn baby boy!

POLLDARK

Visit site
I'm a sad sort of person who just saves them up & then takes them to the scrapyard, along with anything else metal that has died.:D The metal i get back is round & shiney. It can be used to buy chocolate !

navaho

Visit site
I'm a sad sort of person who just saves them up & then takes them to the scrapyard, along with anything else metal that has died.:D The metal i get back is round & shiney. It can be used to buy chocolate !

Lol now that sounds a good idea, im liking the sound of the chocolate :)

TheoryX1

Visit site
When I married my ex in the 1980s, mum had the one of the shoes off my first pony silver plated and I was given it at the wedding. I still have it, dont have the ex though, thank god.

Hunter93

Visit site
The horse show hoof pick I know a lady on fb that does them :) I think they're cute! I found a horse shoe in yard car park and was wondering what to do with it, it's pretty knackered so I know a horse isn't missing it ;)

1stclassalan

Visit site
Both my girls went up the aisle with one of my mare's front plates ribboned up similar to those above and both of them out lasted the marriages.

However; not everyone appreciates horseshoes - once I hacked down to the village where a lovely girl that used to work in one of the shops was being wed - all in me best bib too and when we appeared the bride said - "cor blimey, get chu - whatcha bring yer oarss for?" - and - "blimey have I gotta carry that abart wi'me nar? It's heavy!"

We plodded home quite deflated.

Though my last large building project I managed had a youngish woman leading the hand-over team for the client which can be and was a rather fraught and emotional Big Deal for any number of reasons and we were both up on high horses several times. Though just before the smiles all round, handshakes, champagne and photocall ceremony - I found out she was getting wed so I made up another shoe and when I gave it to her she burst into tears she was so taken with the idea.