The most stupid invention according to a fjord

Fjord

Visit site
I'm sure that Bobbi thinks the most stupid invention is the battery powered strimmer. Her stupid owner spends stupid amounts of time strimming all the lovely long grass until its virtually bare, then moves the fence. A waste of time when Bobbi would be perfectly happy to eat all the grass herself, saving loads of effort.
Stupid.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220620_211256.jpg
    Screenshot_20220620_211256.jpg
    907.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_20220620_211226.jpg
    Screenshot_20220620_211226.jpg
    955.8 KB · Views: 96

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

SEL

Visit site
I can add an Ardennes to that - he will stand huffing and puffing if he sees my OH daring to strim anything in the fields (even the yellow rattle) and last year when we had hay made from the field next door he threw an almighty paddy. My YO apologised to him because obviously he'd had his eye on that field and there she was letting a big machine eat all his grass.

He is Not Thin.

Tarragon

Visit site
The trouble is - the grass is very much greener on the other side of that fence! It must be like being on a diet while sitting in Betty's of York surrounded by people having cake.
I do feel for both the ponies and for you.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I can add an Ardennes to that - he will stand huffing and puffing if he sees my OH daring to strim anything in the fields (even the yellow rattle) and last year when we had hay made from the field next door he threw an almighty paddy. My YO apologised to him because obviously he'd had his eye on that field and there she was letting a big machine eat all his grass.

He is Not Thin.

Sorry to derail the thread but I would love to see a photo of him if you wouldn't mind. I love Ardennes!!

SEL

Visit site
Sorry to derail the thread but I would love to see a photo of him if you wouldn't mind. I love Ardennes!!

Trying to stuff too much carrot in his gob! In fact he gave me a fright this week. The swallow nest in his stable collapsed so I balanced it on an upturned feedbin and banned him from his stable. Breakfast was outside on the yard and normally he's pretty reliable and will take himself back to the paddock afterwards. I was poo picking and realised I hadn't seen him. He'd broken into the feedroom and had an entire plastic bag full of carrots in his mouth choking :oops: Fortunately I was able to pull it out. Feed room now securely bolted when I'm away
#bestnoseintheworld

IMG_20220603_181843448_HDR.jpg

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Trying to stuff too much carrot in his gob! In fact he gave me a fright this week. The swallow nest in his stable collapsed so I balanced it on an upturned feedbin and banned him from his stable. Breakfast was outside on the yard and normally he's pretty reliable and will take himself back to the paddock afterwards. I was poo picking and realised I hadn't seen him. He'd broken into the feedroom and had an entire plastic bag full of carrots in his mouth choking :oops: Fortunately I was able to pull it out. Feed room now securely bolted when I'm away
#bestnoseintheworld

View attachment 94619

Ohhh I'm in love!! That nose does look wonderfully kissable!

Akkalia1

Visit site
@Akkalia1, that's a brilliant show of fjord flexibility! ??? My girl offers carrot stretches when you try and do up her fly rug, it's one exercise she's good at because it results in food. ?

They are definitely food motivated!! :)

It's a pity she can't demonstrate that flexibility when I'm asking her to change from her customary octagons in the school to a nice circle. And when she sets her neck and tanks off with me she does an excellent stiff as a board impression! :D

Reactions: SEL

SEL

Visit site
Was your reply a brich sh!thouse... or 4x4 :p

A tank!! I guess if you hid the legs then from a distance with bad eyesight maybe ...

@Fjord my very same tank has been seen slipping through a top and bottom strand of electric fence to get onto a farmer's hay field. Remarkably agile was how the farmer described him when I did the walk of shame with a headcollar.

Fjord

Visit site
SEL, I'd like to see him do that, he looks too big to fit through a fence. ? He has a gorgeous face.