The new autumn 2021? lemieux collection

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I have the Rioja and love it. Not keen on the yellow at all and undecided on the Oak.

I have a fair amount of matchy but agree the older colours like blueberry and corn flower are nicer. The only recent one I've liked appart from Rioja is the Sage

Reactions: TPO

Muddywellies

Visit site
I have the Rioja and love it. Not keen on the yellow at all and undecided on the Oak.

I have a fair amount of matchy but agree the older colours like blueberry and corn flower are nicer. The only recent one I've liked appart from Rioja is the Sage
Thing is, I have an old ish burgundy (was it called 'Berry'?) lemieux saddle cloth, and I could tell anyone it was last years Mulbrrry or this years Rioja and it would be believable. They seem to change the burgundy every year by a weeeeeeeeny little amount, rename it and release it as this season's new colour

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Thing is, I have an old ish burgundy (was it called 'Berry'?) lemieux saddle cloth, and I could tell anyone it was last years Mulbrrry or this years Rioja and it would be believable. They seem to change the burgundy every year by a weeeeeeeeny little amount, rename it and release it as this season's new colour

I have proper original Raspberry and Plum, the Rioja is quite different to both. The mulberry is very similar to original Raspberry (which is the same as the older Berry) but not exactly the same as I saw both next to each other at an event a few weeks ago.

There are only so many colours I guess so minimual colour changing with a few years between is inevitable I guess ?‍♀️

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I think MrT would look lovely in Oak. Currently in Hot Pink! ?

I'm currently hankering for a fairly bright purple and green saddle pad though. But not finding one. Unless I ordered from Nuumed where you can choose pad colour and binding colour.

I'm Dun

Visit site
they're not for me either. I like shiny loud things though :p

Me too! Give me a nice patterned Eskadron any day! The problem with Le Mieux, apart from the hard binding, is that its plain and there are only so many colours, so now its just slightly different shades. The one pattern they did, the glace, is truly hideous!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I don't find the binding to be hard. I like the fit under my saddle and on my horse. They also (aside from the Diamante) wash quite well. Eskadron wash ok and are a bit long in the drop sometimes for my horse/girth set up. I did just buy a navy Eskadron glossy pad with wraps for a good price though, so we'll see how it looks.

I do like Equito for the most part.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I only find the binding a problem at coat change time (had same problem with Mattes, think it's just because the pads are so firm)
i have 2 older LM pads which are the blueberry lustre and denim and i like them, and I had a blackcurrent Loire which i regret parting with. and I liked the CC ones when i had a jump saddle. but I'm generally an Esky collector :D

black and brown

Visit site
I've just unpacked my Rioja pad and first impressions are that I like the colour but that the stitching isn't great quality and that the pads seem to be getting thinner and thinner. My old denim pad from years ago is twice the thickness! I don't think I will be worrying too much with LeMieux in the future, the colours are too similar (think paprika and burnt orange) although the sage is gorgeous and one that has been a variation in colour from previous years

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I've just unpacked my Rioja pad and first impressions are that I like the colour but that the stitching isn't great quality and that the pads seem to be getting thinner and thinner. My old denim pad from years ago is twice the thickness! I don't think I will be worrying too much with LeMieux in the future, the colours are too similar (think paprika and burnt orange) although the sage is gorgeous and one that has been a variation in colour from previous years

Kind of feel the same. My newer black pad has flimsy stitching and part of it has come undone. My new diamante pad basically fell apart on the gentlest wash setting. I think I'd only buy them again on sale and if I really liked the color.

They fit my horse and my saddle well, but I'm beaching out and will try some others.

atropa

Visit site
I'm not a huge fan of any of this years colours, I bought citron, mint and French rose from last year but this year has been kinda boring. Dijon I really dislike, I think if I had to pick I'd go for Oak but really it's a bit drab.
I also feel Eskadron has toned it down in general since they stopped doing NG :(

JJS

Visit site
They’re a lot nicer in the flesh than they look in the product photos. I bought dijon and rioja and like them both, but dijon is definitely my favourite.

I'm Dun

Visit site
I'm not a huge fan of any of this years colours, I bought citron, mint and French rose from last year but this year has been kinda boring. Dijon I really dislike, I think if I had to pick I'd go for Oak but really it's a bit drab.
I also feel Eskadron has toned it down in general since they stopped doing NG :(

I am so sad about them not doing NG! I trawl ebay for second hand ones now. Nothing new has caught my eye for a while.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I have Mustard and prefer it to the new Dijon. I have a bright chesnut so bright colours really work for him and the new ones have looked a bit washed out. I'm hoping for a really strong bright sky blue. The big horse shop are offering new colours. I might ask for their new blue pad for Christmas.

Pippity

Visit site
I've been looking for exactly the Dijon for a couple of years now. A couple of months ago, I gave up on finding a proper set and bodged together a Shires mustard saddlecloth with brown ears. Now, of course, LM bring out the exact sodding colour I was looking for! But I'm resisting it.

The Rioja's nice, but I already have four pads in very similar shades (because I keep thinking, "Oooh, I love that colour!" and forgetting I already have it), and the Oak just really doesn't appeal.

I'm another one who wants some nice, strong, bright colours. Can somebody bring out a kelly green set, please?