The Oaks

lar

Visit site
Definitely a case of "what might have been" for Frankie and Emily.

My ongoing "I do better backing horses picked on their name rather than on form" continues. I picked Tuesday PURELY because I so enjoyed Frederic Wandres and Duke of Britain using a track called Tuesday at Olympia a couple of years back.

lar

Visit site
Would Westover have got closer if he hadn't hadn't got boxed in and had to check twice? He was flying at the finish but I guess part of the skill of winning the Derby is in the jockey positioning his horse to give it the best chance and the winning jockey was faultless in that regard.

The Irish Draft 2022

Visit site
I personally think Tuesday got lucky if it was any longer she would have lost. Frank wasn’t happy about losing he was saying he should have won. They cut of the derby wining champion interview they weren’t liking what he was saying. They ware saying this oaks is going down in history books because of the queen 70 as it falls on it I don’t think people will care in the future . The roles probably won’t be a thing in the future a lot of people are saying they probably wouldn’t crow anyone else after the queen dies.