The only way we will win is to hire a hitman!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Set off early this morning for Urchinwood, arranging to meet CCj there, she was grooming today but going to ride the stallion in the PN.
I somehow arrived late despite the early start and we hurridly plaited him with bands between us, I'd bathed him yesterday so he was super shiny.
She did her now customary tack him up and get on and go straight over to the dressage arean, it worked beautifully at Winkleigh when he was last out and he got a 22, so I was hoping they could repeat it this time.
She came back, said he felt quite nice (understatement) and when the scores went up he had 19.5... At last a sub-20 score! We were excited until we saw terry Boon's score, 19.1.
The show jumping was indoors and very tight and not very up to height either, and he touched a pole but it stayed. off to the XC, this year he seems to have clicked what happens and he shot out of the start box eager to get going.
A lovely clear round with just a hiccup at the coffin when he overjumped in but hopped out ok and that was that. I watched TB go and of course professional he is, he rode home to win.. CCj got a nice cash sum and a cream stock for coming second.
Now short of hiring a hit man we look as if we will never beat the man, last week to our 22 he had 20, he is just so damn good at dressage!
grin.gif

He was very sporting about it and we had a laugh, but he's been warned I may invest in some cash to keep him away from our next event..
wink.gif

The ground conditions were super, the car park was ok too, they mustn't have had the rain we have as when I got home the drive here was still water lying on it.
We were all held up at the end when they announced someone's horse had fallen at fence 12 or 14, and a twenty minute wait for the ambulance was because the road outside is a rat run and they wanted to keep it clear for the amabulance, in the end they called the air ambulance, I do hope whoever it was wasn't too badly hurt..
frown.gif

I struggled to get along the lane when I did exit the gate, an irate woman refused to allow me enough room to get past her, and told me off when I explained I was sorry to hold her up, and about the ambulance.. She wasn't pacified, and said the same thing had happened that morning she had to allow FOUR cars past her, thank goodness she doesn't live in Devon, that sort of thing happens every time you drive here, you have to wait and be patient!
Good result, of course we are thrilled with that score, especialy as CCJ hasn't sat on him since Winkleigh! We have a girl who has bought one of his youngsters hacking him out and he keeps himself fit field running...
He is more than ready to move up to Novice, it will just depend on his age and fitness really, as next season he would be 18..
Long tiring drive for me, I'm so glad to be home, I drove home dreaming about the scented bath I was going to have, only to discover my husband is in it and has used every scrap of hot water.... men....
frown.gif

dixie

Visit site
Wow thats an amazing score - one I can only dream of. Well done to the team, you included seeing you do most of the work! I remember the drive back from there and its very very long and very boring.

siennamum

Visit site
That's a fantastic result, you sound rather blase about getting over 80% I would have had some kind of announcement in t he nationals.
That lane outside Urchinwood is a nighmare, I've had a few run ins myself...

Haniki

Visit site
I've been looking out for your report! Well done to CCJ, what an amazing dressage score! How unlucky to come up against Terry Boon again. Nice for CCJ to get a cash prize, don't suppose the driver/groom got anything??

henryhorn

Too true, the driver got a nice thank you that's all!
grin.gif

I think we've always known Chocx is capable of a good dressage test, it was just finding the key that works for him.
Work him in for any more than five mins and unless it's a test of at least Elementary diffuculty he can't be bothered, and will produce an accurate but boring test. He likes to be kept occupied and if you ride straight over by the time he's got bored, you've finished the test.
I think the only thing is once you have started getting low twenties marks, you realise how to do it, and it becomes easier. It has been a journey from getting 40 plus, to 30 plus, then 20's now under..
You only have to watch Terry to see why judges love him. he sits beautifully, looks super smart, has the horse's total attention at all times and doesn't throw marks away for inaccuracies.
It's no good, he's going to have to be nobbled....
wink.gif

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Fantastic mark and performance you must be chuffed with that. Is that it for the season? What about J will he run again this year?

Glad you weren't washed away imagined it being a lot wetter than that.

henryhorn

Jacques is having a bit of a holiday, as CCj has agreed to start a four year old off at work and then we will probably sell it.
He is bossing round his brother and sleeping in the field, I see him from our bathroom window, he will come back into work once the four year old is established and probaly do some Ht and Indoor jumping over the winter.
She hasn't come home yet as went home in their lorry, no doubt she is in a pub somewhere celebrating!

JM07

Visit site
re. TB.....I'm a good shot...and cheap!!!!
tongue.gif

seriously, well done everyone...

that lane is truely a nightmare, isn't it?

Rosiefan

Visit site
Oh well done CCJ - and the trainer/groom/driver of course
grin.gif
Very hard to be in the same section as TB - I bet they'd have walked away with first in any other section. Lovely pic too.

Baydale

Visit site
What a great result, even if it is gutting to be beaten by TB when you're on such a fab score.
mad.gif
Can you make sure he stays down there please, as we used to find it equally as deflating when he used to be in Leicestershire.

henryhorn

Yes, she would have won in any other section that day, but TB's horse has twice now scored a mind blowing 17 at it's former events, so it was no fluke..
The best plan I think is for her to go and work for him and get him to train her..(or stick some thistles under his numnah...
grin.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif
)