The orange horse does Badminton Grassroots BE90 Champs

jenbleep

Visit site
Great report - it may have just been the camera but it sounded like you hit the deck hard so I hope you weren't feeling too sore!

goneshowjumping

Visit site
i have loved reading your write up and watching the video and thanks so much for posting the hat cam video, as someone who is aiming for the BE90 grassroots to be honest it looks bigger than I thought! lots of training needed now I think, but I'm so pleased you did this write up so all of us dreaming of getting there can see what its really like. huge round of applause to you and your gorgeous gee gee!

Dunlin

Visit site
Super report, photo's and videos really enjoyed reading that!!

Did you get your air jacket back okay?

Well done, a massive achievement and a super experience. I do hope the bruises go away soon, that was a hefty fall.

star

Visit site
Super report, photo's and videos really enjoyed reading that!!

Did you get your air jacket back okay?

Well done, a massive achievement and a super experience. I do hope the bruises go away soon, that was a hefty fall.

Yes, one of my group of amazing friends trekked off round the XC course to fetch it for me. Can't believe how stiff my leg is still more than a week after the fall. Feeling lucky since watching the video though - could have been much much worse.

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Super well done Star! Awesome report and 2 bits you got spot on which is more than most of us could dream of :D
I have to ask - how did you get his socks so white for the dressage??! Lovely test - very well deserved mark.

star

Visit site
Super well done Star! Awesome report and 2 bits you got spot on which is more than most of us could dream of :D
I have to ask - how did you get his socks so white for the dressage??! Lovely test - very well deserved mark.

I use Gold Label whitening powder mixed with water to make a paste. Paint it on using a hoof oil brush the night before then brush off the excess in the morning. If stabled overnight I bandage but usually he's just out in the field and any dirt brushes off in the morning to leave sparkling white legs - we always get great comments on our turnout - really believe it creates a good first impression with the judge.

Orangehorse

Visit site
That was a wonderful report, and well done you to keep going and complete the course after a pretty heavy fall. The hatcom is just great. The going looked quite deep, so you obviously had done a great job of getting both of you fit - it seems a very long way round the course!

The dressage and SJ was just fab, so better luck next year, but you did really, really well.

star

Visit site
That was a wonderful report, and well done you to keep going and complete the course after a pretty heavy fall. The hatcom is just great. The going looked quite deep, so you obviously had done a great job of getting both of you fit - it seems a very long way round the course!

The dressage and SJ was just fab, so better luck next year, but you did really, really well.

I tried to pick the best lines for him where he wasn't in the worst of the ground but it was deep and holding and a 7minute course and he managed it well. Although he did get a 3min break in the middle!

DarkHorseB

Visit site
I use Gold Label whitening powder mixed with water to make a paste. Paint it on using a hoof oil brush the night before then brush off the excess in the morning. If stabled overnight I bandage but usually he's just out in the field and any dirt brushes off in the morning to leave sparkling white legs - we always get great comments on our turnout - really believe it creates a good first impression with the judge.

Thank you - I will definitely try that. How much water do you use? I have tried their one that comes as a paste but never found it that easy as so thick. He looked amazing!

star

Visit site
Thank you - I will definitely try that. How much water do you use? I have tried their one that comes as a paste but never found it that easy as so thick. He looked amazing!

Their paste is rubbish. Comes out all grey - wasn't impressed at all. DIY paste much better. I make it up so it's the right consistency for painting on easily - no set formula, just mix to effect :) They always come out sparkling but be warned that stuff stains everything - wear latex gloves or it'll be under your nails for weeks!

Firewell

Visit site
Well done. It's a massive achievement just to be there! Sounds like it was just a touch of inexperience which let you down. V hard to get a perfect coffin canter I hear! I don't think anyone could have gone better prepared. Good luck qualifying for the 100 next year :).