The perfect ponies halo’s have slipped

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Just drove up the hill towards home in time to see my 3 break through the fence and out into a big grass field… I’ve been pushing my luck a little as wasn’t sure how well the electric was working, I noticed it not clicking as loudly in its clicks area, but stupidly figured it would wait til the weekend.
One of the ponies is muzzled, the other not. I really can’t leave them out but need to let them forget the big break out before I try and round them back up.
I think they will have to come in because now they have done it once they will know it’s a possibility.
Guess what I’m doing on my Friday evening! 🤦‍♀️

dottylottie

Visit site
they always wait until you think “they’ll be fine another day”, don’t they!

Diva’s bottom door latch came off, we didn’t notice straight away and when we did it couldn’t be fixed until the following morning - we thought hey ho, she’s been fine however long it’s been broken for she’ll be fine one night. following morning she was wandering round the (thankfully secure) yard🫣

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Ok, so I caught two surprisingly easily. The third I had to rely on to follow us back because I knew there was not a chance of getting near him. He did and all are in safely munching hay, meaning I have an early morning on my one morning off 🙄

Decided to get the battery on charge and put the fence back up so it’s all ready for tomorrow.
Found 7 of my 20 new, as in a few months old
Posts like this! They are knackered, the pins are more bent than I’ve ever seen happen and all the rope holders are snapped.
Is this ok? I feel like they should last longer than one escape effort. CB1DFE3F-1A09-4535-8D6D-2BA9AB787DC7.jpeg75273141-1FCE-4C2A-8529-96872E8FFFD9.jpeg

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Ok, so I caught two surprisingly easily. The third I had to rely on to follow us back because I knew there was not a chance of getting near him. He did and all are in safely munching hay, meaning I have an early morning on my one morning off 🙄

Decided to get the battery on charge and put the fence back up so it’s all ready for tomorrow.
Posts like this! They are knackered, the pins are more bent than I’ve ever seen happen and all the rope holders are snapped.
Is this ok? I feel like they should last longer than one escape effort. View attachment 120125View attachment 120126
You can straighten them I got someone to do it for me just found a man with the right tools.

dottylottie

Visit site

Is this ok? I feel like they should last longer than one escape effort. View attachment 120125View attachment 120126

i had this happen to a load of mine the day after i bought them, furious i was🤣 i’ve not been able to find anything that’s properly secure but still easy enough to move completely every few days, so i’ve just got millions of posts😂

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Electric fence posts these days are shocking! No pun intended! The pins bend so easily and they snap at a blink!
Boom!!! Well done 😂

I’m not sure what brand they were tbh, I have emailed and sent photos to the company i purchased from.
So annoying!

Not as bad as one year though I made a track and they went through the fence. The plastic poles snapped leaving the pins cleanly in the ground.
I never could find them do never used that bit of field again to the fear one would go straight up into a hoof.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Right now I’m more concerned about the lack of a much looked forward to slight lie in!

However there is a local hunt thing tomorrow which mine would have to be in for so I guess I had an early start anyway.

Shooting Star

Visit site
You can definitely straighten them! In a vice as others have said or if you’ve got a sturdy gate post & latch stick it in the latch and pull them back to straight (ish!)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
If you have a vice you can use that, I stick mine thru a hole in the quad bike front rack and bend them back that way 🙄🤔 I have also stuck them into a dry stone wall to bend them back, needs must 😂
Ours go in a drystone wall, just use what you have to hand. At least you can blame the breakout, we just keep finding ours have bent when we go to reposition them. We have decided to replace those immediately inside the boundary with wooden posts.
But our lamp posts bend in the wind and are left far from perpendicular

Fjord

Visit site
Hope the horses were where they should be this morning! I've got old posts that are still going strong, where the new ones bend really easily. 🙁

Chocoholic

Visit site
This is what I arrived to yesterday evening and the naughty Welsh pigging out in the field. Spending a small fortune on electric fence posts at the moment 😭

Attachments

• IMG_6336.jpeg
    IMG_6336.jpeg
    663.1 KB · Views: 4