The perfect sharer, are they out there?!

smellsofhorse

Visit site
I have had my horses advertised for ages, had loads of people look but I cant seem to find the right person.

Idealy I want someone to ride 4 or maybe 5 times a week, I can do the mornings as I go to the yard early and see to all 3 of them.

I can even do evenings if they wanted to ride during the day(apart from 2 evenings when I go back to work after maternity leave)

I all i want is someone to keep them fit, do some competitions (their own transport not mine!) and pay some costs.

Is that asking too much?

Is the right person out there?

kafue

Visit site
Welcome to my world! I have had my beautiful mare advertised and i keep getting loonies! Either people that say they have ridden for years and then cant get on her, or people that just want to go fast! VERY fast.
Good Luck on your hunt for the perfect sharer! im sure they exist as we have some cracking ones at the yard, just not for my mare yet! xx

MrsElle

Visit site
Hmmm, in my experience no. I have had one of mine advertised for a while and have a couple of replies, one of which I asked to come and see us. She did so and I don’t know what it was about her but I took an instant dislike to her. She was meant to be coming to ride but has called off at the last minute several times now so she has blown it. She was hardly reliable, and I have since found out that she is a pathological liar and timewaster who most of the yards round here won’t touch with a barge pole as she goes to look round, arranges to bring a horse on x date, then texts a day or two before to say she isn’t coming. They all now tell her they are full when she rings, even if they aren’t!

I think I had a lucky escape and have given up looking now.

itsme123

Visit site
TBH if someone hasnt a horse of their own and is looking for a share then they're not likely to have their own transport either.

Have you thought about advertising and offering to PAY someone to keep your horse competition fit and to muck out for you?

smellsofhorse

Visit site
I cant afford topay someone, im on maternity leave and get in a whole months the wages I used to earn in a week!

I have the trailer they just need to be able to tow it!

I can muck out and bring in, turnout, i just cant ride every day or keep them competition fit or compete that often.

Ive had lots of loonies!
People lie so much!
What they have done, what they can do!

euugh!!

emilyw

Visit site
I have the perfect sharer! She is a god send and I dont know how I ever coped without her!

I have to admit before she contacted me I had a few people contact me who I would not even trust with a pot plant never mind my baby!

My sharer was the first person I let come and try him and we hit it off right away!

I was not really going out looking for someone, I just put one ad online (on preloved) and thought I would see what came of it!

happyhack

Visit site
I AM the perfect sharer without a horse lol!

I have been to see so many horses and have given up now and have started saving the £30 a week to buy my own. SO many owners I have met with have been less than honest about their horses and it ruins it for the genuine people!

I have seen one horse who was very very sweet and a lovely lovely horse, he only had one eye which the owner neglected to tell me on the phone then decided she wanted £40 a week from a sharer when she was on a DIY yard-twice a week riding and I would have been paying for his livery-I dont think so.

Another one was advertised as bomb proof and preceeded to take off with me when a car came past me on the road out hacking and completely flipped its lid when the flies were out.

Another girl got really arsey with me saying that I was wasting her time and no ne likes people that are just after free rides when I came down ill and couldnt get to the yard for a second ride.

And thats just 3 of about 6 experiences that have left a sour taste in my mouth. Can you blame me for wanting to save up!

Durhamchance

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
TBH if someone hasnt a horse of their own and is looking for a share then they're not likely to have their own transport either.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes no sense at all
confused.gif

I dont have a horse of my own, I'm currently looking at finances and budget to see if I can comfortably afford to loan one- if not I will be looking for a share.

I'm 26 and have had my own transport for 8 years.

These people do exsist!

smellsofhorse

Visit site
I have 2 sharers for my pony, they are pretty good but have their mums to keep them in line!

I only ask £60 a month!
They ride 4 times a week.

I think thats cheap,i should put it up!

itsme123

Visit site
read the OP. The Op wants the sharere to have their own HORSE transport. although in her OP she didnt state that she meant 4x4 to tow HER trailer.... but she states the sharere must have their own transport to take the horse to competitions.

smellsofhorse

Visit site
_Charlie_

Sorry if i didnt make myself clear.
I know someone without a horse is unlikly to have transport for one.

But they dont even need a 4x4. A big enough car could tow a trailer with 1 horse in it.

cmarychapman

Visit site
Ah yes the lesser spotted perfect sharer does exist, a rare and strange breed I know!! Unfortunately I am happily taken
grin.gif

I can't believe someone hasn't bitten your hand off though for what you're offering. I am relocating to Gloucestershire in September to start a Masters at UWE (fingers xed I get a place). I'll be looking for a horse to ride 2-3 mornings a week before uni. Want to bet when the time comes I wont be able to find anything.
crazy.gif

Have you tried the local pony club/riding club? The DC might have some recommendations. Good luck with the search.

Perfect_Pirouette

Visit site
I am a good sharer (even if i do say so myself) and his owner is very pleased with the arrangement, it works out great for us both. Don't give up hope, there ARE good sharers out there, it may just take you a teeny bit longer to find one! Plus it sounds like you're offering a v.good deal!

PaddyMonty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's always exceptions....like me.
tongue.gif

Dont have my own horse but do have a nice 7.5t horsebox.

I share a horse currently and have done so with 2 other horses.
I compete the horse (BSJA), look after it every evening and often weekends.
I also look after owners other 3 when they go on holiday and just lately seem to be riding 2 of them quite a lot.
Only thing I dont do is make any financial contribution but then owner has own farm and prefers my help with the horses rather than my money.
So yes we do exist. If it makes you feel any better finding the right horse and owner to share with is as difficult as finding a good sharer
crazy.gif

minerva

www.heliosgallery.com
had a horrid year with my horse who just bronkos, had everything checked and sorted and Vet practically moved in!! there is clearly an issue with him but we cant figure it out, (not just me, he does it with everyone!) finally he has gone to a friend as a project so looking for a confidence giving RC type 16hh ish, as he has pushed me to my limits, took me a while to admit it!
dont want to share again as am all sorted and used to having one of my own now, its getting the right horse for me now, whats your horse then????

Durhamchance

Visit site
I have access to a 4x4 as it happens and I've paased my trailer test so that wouldn't be a problem
grin.gif
Sorry, I didn't read the first post properly.

Moving to Somerset isn't an option though, sorry
frown.gif

smellsofhorse

Visit site
Durhamchance
maybe i should move up to near you!

I expect it is just as difficult to find the right horse and owner!

HobbitPony
Its tipical thereis something when you dont want it and not when you do!

I have 17.2hh warmblood gelding, has evented good at eveything, great to do in eveyway.

16hh TB x 4 years lots of "potential"!

HenryandPeta

Visit site
I have a friend ride my boy once or twice a week. She will also then feed him and his companion for me, which gives me a day or two off in the week which I love. I don't charge her though, she is helping me out!

Taffster

Visit site
I have had several unreliable people in the past, now i have put him on full competition livery. It costs a fortune and has resulted in me having to sell my filly, however if a perfect person came along i would offer a full/part loan again however she would definately have to stay where she was and i would still go up everyday - until i absolutely trusted these people. I hate thinking this way as i'm sure there are some lovely people out there i just havent been lucky enough to find someone.
Good luck with your search!

nicelittle

Visit site
I have been a sharer of two different horses (at different times) and it has worked out very well. I used to make a contribution towards their keep, and was able to do pretty nuch what I wanted with them.
I now ride one horse regularly every weekend, and some different horses at the same yard in between in return for being a 'horse slave' and fixing all their broken rugs!
I get offered more horses than I could physically ride!
Don't give up hope, but you might have to wait to get the right person.

Nailed

Visit site
OR.. Yes i think your asking too much..

You want THEM to compete.. But your not going to be taking them. You want that to have their own transport? NAH.. Not gunna happen.

Lou x

lexiedhb

Visit site
Yep another perfect sharer here! Have been riding my share horse 3 times a week for 18 months now- muck out both him and the owners other one when i am there, bring them in change rugs etc feed, poo pick yadda yadda................ she doesnt have to come up the nights im there as she knows I'll have done her other one for her anyway.......

PS: I probably wouldnt be "your" perfect sharer tho.... dont think the A class' towing capacity is up to much LOL

grandmaweloveyou

Visit site
i am/was the perfect sharer even if i do say so myself (have been told, not just blowing trumpet) but my boy coming back home so alas im not looking but good luck, we, they do exist - promise.