the scare I had today!!

oliviacharley

Visit site
blimey what a day - my old 30 yr old pony hasnt been well - at the weekend she seemed a bit off colour and her hind leg took a knock and swelled slightly....after some bute and cooling gel she seemed to be ok - although on arrival this morning she was laid flat out in the field groaning and puffing....my heart sank....ive owned her for 18 years now and although I know that day will come I just couldnt believe her timing....
I got the vet straight out who believed it was colic and then decided it was in fact an infection and poss bronchitis on her lungs....
the vet wants to give her a couple of days to see how she goes as she has lost alot of weight and was not looking very good.....she is on antib and bute....
I stocked up in sainsburys on the way down tonight - every variety of fruit and veg possible and even pulled my tent out of the loft in case I was going to be sleeping in the field to keep an eye on her.....on arrival tonight she is up, grazing and actually walking at a decent pace - she even called to me which wrenched my heart.....
she is looking much better so I need all the luck I can get - especially since it is St Paddies day!!

justjumpit

New User
Visit site
I hate scares like that. Hope shes okay
laugh.gif
I had the scare of my 16.2hh casting at christmas last year.
Ino how you feel, but owning her for 18years god it must of being frightening!
xx

Keltic

Visit site
((((huge vibes))))) These oldies do scare us dont they?? I hope she continues to pick up soon, ive found with my old girl a good splash of peppermint cordial on her feed makes her tuck in even if there is bute or anti b's in it.
Best wishes x