The search continues... Ifor Williams or Bateson trailers?

QueenDee_

Visit site
Continuing from previous thread, having sold my 505 I was set on getting an Ifor 510/511 however after doing some research last night it seems a lot of people recommend Bateson trailers? What are peoples thoughts on them?

Would be mainly for a 17.1hh TB. Has anyone ever taken partitions out to travel one horse in them? (As I do with my 505 currently with full length breast/breech bars)

Dannylandrover

Visit site
I used to have an Ifor Williams for travelling my 15.3 Appaloosa as well as ponies, and it was great if not a little heavy to handle. I then borrowed a Bateson from a friend, the main advantage was we had the double rear doors instead of a ramp, but i also found it lighter to move about. The Bateson with doors was was so easy to use and much more child friendly, i was always terrified of the kids getting crushed under the ramp, and this meant they could load the ponies as well as go in and out when loading empty trailer from the back easily and safely.

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
I'd always go for a Bateson with Boston doors over an ifor. I'm going to pick my new one up today actually! :p

In your position I'd go for the Deauville model as it's bigger inside. Mine has been travelled in them with full length bars in the past with no problems :). I think you can buy them from Bateson direct quite reasonably.