The search is over - I have a bay new forest again

Sealine

Visit site
Congratulations! I hope you have lots of fun with Bertie and I look forward to more pics and hearing more about him when he's settled in. He'll never replace Homey but I'm sure he'll soon find his own place in your heart.

maisie06

Visit site
Homey died on 29 July 2022. He will always be my best boy in my heart and I expect I will continue to mourn for him indefinitely.

The last year has been a journey. I always said I would never get another horse after Homey but that was when I expected him to live on into his late 20s rather than loosing him at 20. My bank account was full but my heart was empty. Horse ownership is not for the faint hearted and there are challenges and difficult days.

People advised me to consider other breeds, questioned if I really wanted another horse, told me I was being too fussy. I am stubborn.

I am now the owner of a bay new forest again. He is 5 and 13.2. He was like Homey the 6th pony I viewed and like with Homey I went to the viewing not 100% sure that he was going to be suitable. He is very friendly and gentle and has had a good all round education by an knowledgeable adult with experience of the breed. He hacks out, has done some competitions, and is easy to handle.

He passed his 5 stage vetting with x rays today. He does have a bit of a cloudy eye but my vet has said it is likely scarring from an ulcer, it doesn't impact on his sight at all and that he thinks he is a great pony and that I will love him and recommended I buy him. He is not shod at the moment and my vet recommends I try and keep him unshod as he thinks it is better for horses to be unshod if possible.

So he arrives at the yard tomorrow at 9.00am. I am working but as I am on part livery YO who came with me to the viewing will have his stable ready for him and settle him in and monitor him during the day and I will come and see him after work.

I don't have any good photos of him yet but here is me on him at the viewing. Not the best with my leg position but you but it a starter photo so you can see a bit what he is like.

His name is Bertie. I think he and I will get on well and I am looking forward to getting to know him.

I expect I will feel a bit emotional seeing him in Homey's stable at first.
So pleased for you - what a lovely pony

palo1

Visit site
Here he is arriving as I could not be there to greet him YO did this video for me. I am looking forward to seeing him this evening.

It is so lovely you have found a new pony!! And he is just gorgeous. :) Happy times.

Visit site
For NF nerds he is out of Springmoor Cindy and his sire is Hollybrooke Huckleberry. Grandsire is Wayland Cranberry. Springmoor Cindy has had two of her offspring qualify for HOYs.
Interesting to see that Bertie's great,great,great,great grandsire is Oakley Jonathan. I worked at the Stud he was at for 3 years when I left school 55 years ago. His dam, Bridget, had 21 foals, the last when she was 24.