The Sheriffs Ride - Lichfield

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Today I joined the annual Sheriffs Ride in Lichfield.

The ride happens each year to retain the rights for horses to ride the boundaries of the town dating back to when Lichfield was given town status (or so i believe!)

I wont waffle on so will let the video do the talking......

enjoy....

[youtube]DIadKlRUvXw[/youtube]

MochaDun

Visit site
I love these boundary rides take place still - looks like an incredibly well organised one and glad the weather was good for it. And you have an excellent headcam!

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
it was well organised, lots of marshals with the ride and a vet, horse ambulance, paramedic and farrier followed the whole ride in the support vehicles.

SnowPhony

Visit site
PMP...you must be very local to me. I really wanted to take part this year but without a mount that proved tricky!

It's a lovely tradition, for such a small city to still have such a thing is really very unique.

tiggipop

Visit site
ooh this brought back memories... knew it was a fair few years since I did this ride with my dad.. horses were at livery at powells farm in curborough so we hacked into the town... then I worked out it was actually 33 years ago!

gosh I feel old now!!

SnowPhony

Visit site
Not far at all PMP! Are you on a livery yard there as have a few clients your way, pm if you prefer!

Loved the video, is really lovely to see the city from a different perspective and has made me determined to do it next year!

Elsbells

Visit site
Great vid thanks!!

I'm not far from Litch and have intentions to do this ride every year. I know people that do it, but I seem to be doing something else horsey instead elsewhere.

Where did you see it advertised? After watching the video, I'm definatley doing it yes, yes, yes!