The Shetlands from N.I.

photo_jo

Visit site
Shetlands have been registered in the stud book since the late 1800's. So they can all be traced back for years and years.
I probably didn't word my reply that well, shetlands, after TBs, must have one of the best recorded, as in written down, studbooks-my horse is a grandson of Secretariat but he was gelded and just has an AES passport with the sire and dam recorded!

photo_jo

Visit site
I have to say I know nothing about Shetland pedigrees, mine both have Ringkay Max A Million in their pedigrees as damsire and grandsire respectively but they're just ornaments!

Wheels

Visit site
Special Edition is by Beeswax, Beeswax is by Elector Of Annwood - Winactor is by Elector so your ponies are related.

Special Edition's mother is Splendid Lady's grandmother so Millikins your 2 are related to each other quite closely.

Some Wells lines are very sought after - the older and rarer they are the more they are wanted. Wells Vijay and Wells Fiona were 2 of the studs best ponies of their day.

Marshwood ponies were good, stocky ponies as were Netherley ponies - still lines sought after today even though the originals are dead and are no longer bred.

Aw that's great to know, I didnt realise winston was related to beeswax, I'll let him know he has a famous relative lol

millikins

Visit site
He really is the most versatile pony I’ve ever owned View attachment 68929
He is stunning :) His daughter long reined in harness on the road for the first time today and jumped her first tiny cross pole yesterday, both of which she seemed to enjoy so hope she too will be versatile. We also have a nice local show to go to at the end of April to start getting her out and about.

Visit site
Wow, what a stunner and a cracking little jockey!

We have a two year old Shetland - Sharptor Denver. I know very little about his breeding but he’s really grown on me. He’s by far the bravest and the easiest of all our horses despite his diminutive size!

Your lad is slightly inbred ... no surprises from that breeder though. But he should turn out a decent size and do you a decent job.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210402-194729_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210402-194729_Samsung Internet.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 20

tatty_v

Visit site
Your lad is slightly inbred ... no surprises from that breeder though. But he should turn out a decent size and do you a decent job.

Fascinating stuff, thank you ? his sole role in life so far is to keep my melodramatic Connie comapany, which he does admirably ? maybe a children’s ridden pony in future but we’ll see!

Attachments

• 7AC8BFDA-092D-4890-BE62-40287C44F96F.jpeg
    7AC8BFDA-092D-4890-BE62-40287C44F96F.jpeg
    505 KB · Views: 17

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Your lad has good bloodlines on both sides but I am guessing they were going for a big palamino when they crossed a large standard stallion to a mini mare. The sires side is Bincombe and Netherley - proper old school lines you don't see any more. The mother is old Scottish mini lines - Firth Glenclova was one of my fav minis up here!
So, you're a TB work rider and Shetland expert... Lol!

HanWN

New User
Visit site
Just wanted to update you all, Barry (Magheradartin beeswax) has not only proven himself as a racing pony but also as a lead rein pc pony - taking my just turned 4yo to her first mini pc camp.
He is one in a million.
whoever has his offspring is very lucky.

including me as I have now purchase Magheradartin Sahara Sunset (who I believe is also out of Golden Sunset)

Attachments

• B6085F05-D551-4BDD-91C2-8C9E001E95F4.jpeg
    B6085F05-D551-4BDD-91C2-8C9E001E95F4.jpeg
    724.8 KB · Views: 23

millikins

Visit site
Just wanted to update you all, Barry (Magheradartin beeswax) has not only proven himself as a racing pony but also as a lead rein pc pony - taking my just turned 4yo to her first mini pc camp.
He is one in a million.
whoever has his offspring is very lucky.

including me as I have now purchase Magheradartin Sahara Sunset (who I believe is also out of Golden Sunset)

Isn't he lovely :) So Sahara Sunset is my mare's full sister?