The Showring

JaneyB

Visit site
I know a couple of you come on here, what's going on??

This morning I saw the new forum, now I can only access the old???

JaneyB

Visit site
has it? I don't think so, or has it?!! Well this morning there was a brand new look to the forum, now I can't access it!

TGM

Visit site
The forum will be transferring to a subscription only forum from 10 October. The link on the main site now leads to the new forum. However, the old free forum is still available here:

Show Ring

until 10 October, when it will be closed for posting, but threads will still be able to be viewed for a time.

JaneyB

Visit site
Well I thought it was going subsription and i'm sure I got a glimpse of the new site yesterday (think i'm going mad!!)

I assume the old board is still active? Can we sort the subscription out before hand or when it goes live?

TGM

Visit site
Yes the old board is active until 10 October. If you wish to subscribe to the new board you can do so now - if you go to the new board and register there is an option to pay by Paypal.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Thanks TGM!
It was decided after having problems with banned members, threats of legal action etc, that the Show Ring would become subscription only. It is very sad that we have had to go down this route, but the owner of the board (together with the moderating and admin team) decided that in order to keep the site secure, there were no other options open to us.

There has been quite a bit of trouble over the past few months where people have registered as a member under false details, then flamed many posts for no reason other than to cause trouble.

The rate of £10 per year goes towards the costs of running the board and at 3p per day seems to be quite good value. Any money left over will be donated to a charity/charities decided upon by the members of the forum. It is still a non profit making forum, and none of the moderating team are paid for carrying out thei duties.

The new board was introduced on Sunday evening, and we are now at over 100 members.

If any of you have visited the Show Ring in the past, you will still find the old forum up in the usual place. As of 10th October, the forum will be closed for posting, but there are still many useful topics that will be available for people to read.

If anyone would like to join the new board, we would be delighted to meet you!

If you would like to know any more, please feel free to send me a PM (bearing in mind we are off to HOYS later this afternoon - YAY!!!)

Gingernags

Visit site
Hmmmmm. Will have to consider that one, not sure I use it enough to warrant paying a subscription, which is a shame.

I also feel rather guilty as I can't have helped - evil child who used to ride the orange one joined just to have a go at me and stop me getting another rider - she threatened to sue if they didn't remove some photos I'd posted (my personal photos) saying she was under 16 (lying brat, she is well over 16).

I can see why they've done it but its a shame really.