Pictures The slowest clear ever

windand rain

Visit site
Think Rowan takes the first prize for the slowest ever clear round:):rolleyes: she dawdled as slowly as possible up to each jump jumped cleanly over every fence and dawdled out of the arena collecting her rosette on the way. In the class she did manage to trot a few was clear in a time almost double the next placed pony so wasn't placed but the kid has ben having confidence issues so was chuffed to have two clears:Dchristmas round 2.jpg
Looks the part the monkey need a confident rider to get her more forward

Last edited:

Annagain

Visit site
Having had a 17hh version of Rowan and now learning to cope with one who's a bit less economical, I can definitely say Rowan is worth triple her weight in gold. If the rider has been struggling with confidence, that clear will be worth ten times a winning rosette but a hairy ride would have been. The world needs more Rowans!

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
In the class she did manage to trot a few was clear in a time almost double the next placed pony so wasn't placed but the kid has ben having confidence issues so was chuffed to have two clears:D

Excellent result! The time doesn't matter; I think I've read others on the forum write that you're competing against yourself, trying to do a bit better each time, rather than competing against the other riders to be better than them.

Having had a 17hh version of Rowan and now learning to cope with one who's a bit less economical, I can definitely say Rowan is worth triple her weight in gold. If the rider has been struggling with confidence, that clear will be worth ten times a winning rosette but a hairy ride would have been. The world needs more Rowans!

I got an enormous sense of achievement when I got a clear in my first (and so far only) SJ competition. They left the obstacles at the same level as for the ponies for us novices, and a couple of girls would position themselves at the next obstacle in case I forgot or didn't see the numbers. I think I took around two minutes over it.

Last edited:

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Think Rowan takes the first prize for the slowest ever clear round:):rolleyes: she dawdled as slowly as possible up to each jump jumped cleanly over every fence and dawdled out of the arena collecting her rosette on the way. In the class she did manage to trot a few was clear in a time almost double the next placed pony so wasn't placed but the kid has ben having confidence issues so was chuffed to have two clears:DView attachment 84486
Looks the part the monkey need a confident rider to get her more forward
She looks so much like my welsh A.

Youve heard of Cat in the Hat. Well this is my pony in the house, left conservatory doors open in summer and found this LOL

Attachments

• 20210416_150850.jpg
    20210416_150850.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Tarragon

Visit site
My pony came second once in a Family pony class, without actually moving at all! There were 3 in the class; the pony that won was foot perfect, the pony that came third was hard to stop and rude to ride, and the judge said that it is better to have a family pony that won't go than one who won't stop! :rolleyes:
As already said, a clear round is still a clear round - lovely pone :)

Annagain

Visit site
I like to think of slow rounds as getting the best value for my money ! I've paid my entry fee , so you can belt round in 2 minutes if you want to but me , I like to get my moneys worth so I 'm going to take my time thankyou very much ?
Fab pony by the way !

On my favourite ever XC ride we jumped clear but got 40 time penalties. (We still came 4th as there weren't many clears and we were in the lead after the dressage.) We lolloped up the hill, had a bit of a walk up the top to get our breath back (he was fit enough just liked to take his time) and waved at the fence judges as we popped a few fences in trot on the way back down before finishing pretty strongly (for him anyway, I think I had to half halt at least twice). One fence judge asked us if we were alright as we walked until about 5 strides away from the fence. "We're having a lovely day" I replied. And we were!

Ratface

Visit site
My jumping horses/ponies (including the current one) have all been speed merchants with large "I know best" egos. I still do a bit of pole/log hopping, but only when there are few predictable hazards - like wind, herd in next-door paddock not running around, yard cat not stalking a nearby pigeon. Old boy needs no excuse to revert to (dangerous-for elders) HOYS mode. ?