The smell of wee

Visit site
Anyone got any tips on getting rid of the smell of dog wee on the carpet ? I used a special spray from the pet shop, which has actually stained the carpet, then I Vanished it. It still smells.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
That urine destroyer stuff seems to work. You have to completely saturate the carpet with it though to get through to the underlay. And I found it smelled slightly worse before it cleared up.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
If it's really bad you may find lifting the carpet and cutting out and replacing just the offending piece of underlay does the trick.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Bicarbonate of soda. Sprinkle over carpet brush in and leave for a few hours or over night.
Then hoover up. It will help but if really bad you can hire carpet cleaners.

windand rain

Visit site
Dilute biological washing powder/liquid but test for colour fastness first otherwise you could end up with a nice smelling carpet covered in random white circles

missmatch

Visit site
Biological washing powder. Scrub in and blot dry. Never ever rub it dry as you’ll push the smell deeper into the underlay. Keep blotting and leave to dry. Sprinkle bicarb, leave a few hours, overnight is best then vacuum. Once bone dry wipe over with either white vinegar or surgical spirits. I prefer surgical spirits but I do love the smell of it. It’s time consuming and you must test colour fastness first but it will work.

Visit site
Thanks, hadn't thought about the underlay ! Would like to get rid of carpet but dogs slip about on solid floor ! Plus I cant stand the noise of tap dancing !

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Our younger two don’t make a noise, big dog tapdances, it’s annoying that he likes to be up by 5.30. We got slightly textured tiles deliberately so they don’t slip. The kitchen laminate is the worst bit.

Andie02

Visit site
Thanks, hadn't thought about the underlay ! Would like to get rid of carpet but dogs slip about on solid floor ! Plus I cant stand the noise of tap dancing !
Our younger two don’t make a noise, big dog tapdances, it’s annoying that he likes to be up by 5.30. We got slightly textured tiles deliberately so they don’t slip. The kitchen laminate is the worst bit.

Check out Floors For Paws, excellent product.

Mule

Visit site
Vinegar or sodium bicarbonate but I don't think it should smell if the urine is properly washed off.