The Star of Orion?

Charlie77

Visit site

Hello, I have been looking at a youngster by The Star of Orion but I cant seem to find out much about the stallion, Possibly looking in the wrong place! any info would be lovely.

ihatework

Visit site
I know 3 by him, 2 geldings and 1 mare, all out of TB mares (I think). The boys are humungous !! Both dark bay and on the slightly plain side but with super temprements. The mare is much smaller (16hh ish) and absolutely stunning but comes with a bit of attitude.

Don't know that much about the stallion other than that he is (I think) trakehner, dark bay/black and around the 16.2hh mark - but never having seen him I may well have got that wrong! 6/7 years ago he was standing in the berks/n. hants area perhaps

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
The stud that owns him (name escapes me) dont have a website but they do advertise in Horsedeals stallion number.
Star of Orion is Trakehner but is graded SHB. He competed to a pretty decent level in dressage (Inter 1 I think) and is sire of a very decent young eventing stallion in Woodlanders Unique Comet.

I have a mare by him, very correct conformation, Head Stud Book, lovely looking mare, lots of bone. She is out of a Dutch Courage mare. She is very smart looking mare

reynold

Visit site
He stood at one point with Jennie LC at Catherston when it first moved from the New Forest (about the time that Springsteen was a 2 yr old)

Nice but plain horse. Think he stood with Jennie for about 3 years and then moved on. If you have no luck anywhere else then try asking Catherston - they'll probably have info on him in their records.

seaofdreams

Visit site
I think he stands at Highfield stud in Reading .we saw him there when we were looking at a horse they had for sale . He seemed to have a really nice temperament .The chaps name is Richard Selleck ,hope that helps .

Penniless

Visit site
seaofdreams is correct. Star of Orion stands (as far as I know) still with Richard Selleck in Berkshire. His details are easy to find on google - very experienced handler - masses of Championships with not only his stallions, but shows for loads of other people - usually winning. Nice man - he'd give you all the information you need. Has shown for us and won so maybe we're biased. Seen Orion a few times and very nice horse.