The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

tessybear

Visit site
Hello all hope you all had a lovely day :)
After rushing to make sure my work was done to a good level gave it in today and me and one other person were the only bloomin ones to give it in:mad: and to make it worse the teacher just gave them an extension :mad::mad: I felt like shouting " you have other stuff going on ? getting drunk and posting photos all over fb isn't stuff... waiting for a foal and juggling theory is " :D:p -rant complete.

Day 11

so this morning i woke up to no foalie but Tess has bagged up more and her teets have dropped slightly... not by loads but they are beginning to face outwards rather than inwards :) so here is today's sunny photos it was 7 degrees whilst we were mucking out :D is Spring here ?
3467t45.jpg

347fyoo.jpg

2094iyo.jpg

Abbie
x

nostromo70

Visit site
Well after my last prediction i wouldn't listen to me. But i'm going for tonight.
If i write this every day i will be right at some point ;-)

murphysmummy

Visit site
I've been waiting til she had the foal to post but she's keeping us all in suspense! Thought if I added myself to the list then it might send her some vibes to hurry up! :) Xx

tessybear

Visit site
Well after my last prediction i wouldn't listen to me. But i'm going for tonight.
If i write this every day i will be right at some point ;-)

:D I like your style but im going to give it Thursday as a minimum mum now thinks possible next week :eek: she is hanging on in there

I've been waiting til she had the foal to post but she's keeping us all in suspense! Thought if I added myself to the list then it might send her some vibes to hurry up! :) Xx

Ah thank you lovely :) x

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Not sure if it is a trick of the photo, but does she have shoes on ?

Please get them off if she has. There is always a risk of the mare treading on the foal but with shoes it would be awful damage.

tessybear

Visit site

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Please please, if you have the tools, go and get them off now. Failing that get some one in asap to get them off for you.

A new born foal does not want to be anywhere near shod feet.

tessybear

Visit site
Please please, if you have the tools, go and get them off now. Failing that get some one in asap to get them off for you.

A new born foal does not want to be anywhere near shod feet.

We don't have the tools to do so, farrier is booked out for a trim in 3 weeks time i think and i very much doubt my mum will change the date. Stud didn't mention anything about it when they were here ? :)

AdorableAlice

Visit site
We don't have the tools to do so, farrier is booked out for a trim in 3 weeks time i think and i very much doubt my mum will change the date. Stud didn't mention anything about it when they were here ? :)

Not sure what you mean about the stud. If she is at stud to foal the stud staff will have the tools to get shoes off, and quite honestly no professional stud or stud groom will have a mare foal down shod, the risk is just too great.

Is there no one that could help you.

Sportznight

Visit site
As she only has front shoes on, if you can't get the farrier out before the appointment in 3 weeks, then buy some cheap nappies from the supermarket and bandage them on to her feet (like a foot poultice).

With regards to when she's ready to foal, well, IME, most mares with a bag like hers will lose the crease down the middle. Have you got your foaling kit ready? Not read the whole thread, so just checking you're prepared as you can be for your Bogof :) xx

tessybear

Visit site
Not sure what you mean about the stud. If she is at stud to foal the stud staff will have the tools to get shoes off, and quite honestly no professional stud or stud groom will have a mare foal down shod, the risk is just too great.

No they came and visited us :) Thank you for the advice will take it on board but again not earning the money etc. i don't have much say :)

Sportznight

Visit site

Not true - many studs will foal down mares that have front shoes on - they are just wrapped up during the first few days after foaling :)

tessybear

Visit site
As she only has front shoes on, if you can't get the farrier out before the appointment in 3 weeks, then buy some cheap nappies from the supermarket and bandage them on to her feet (like a foot poultice).

With regards to when she's ready to foal, well, IME, most mares with a bag like hers will lose the crease down the middle. Have you got your foaling kit ready? Not read the whole thread, so just checking you're prepared as you can be for your Bogof :) xx

Okay will do :) Yes we have our foal kit ready and prepped and i mini one for the neighbour incase she goes during the day :)

On a different topi, if im going to get told off for posting about dee being pregnant in here, shouldnt this thread be in breeding? As technically, its about breeding? Or when are the forum admin going to realise there is a difference between a breeding question and having pride in your mare!

If im totally honest i dont care where this is moved to :eek: :) But i can understand you being annoyed, they must have been bored

zigzag

Visit site
On a different topi, if im going to get told off for posting about dee being pregnant in here, shouldnt this thread be in breeding? As technically, its about breeding? Or when are the forum admin going to realise there is a difference between a breeding question and having pride in your mare!

No its about a BOGOFF foal that everyone is interested in, it wasn't a planned pregnancy, don't be childish and jealous and start button pushing.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site

No it shouldn't as tessybear isn't breeding. She has an unexpected foal which we are all excitedly anticipating the birth of. You are planning on breeding one.

Don't be a spoilsport you don't make yourself look too good tbh. Let Tessy have her moment and be nice about it.

tessybear

Visit site
Doesnt matter zigzag. Its still breeding and if admin are going to abide by the sections of the forum then surely i'm right?

Im not being childish, this thread would be better off in breeding so the OP can benefit from the wealth of knowledge in there.

FWIW, the mare's shoes need to come off asap. I know of a foal who broke its shoulder being steped on by the dam.

report it if you so wish :confused: Like i say im not to bothered where it goes i am making it for future owners not for my own benefit :)

They will be taped up :)

MrsElle

Visit site

There is nothing as ugly as a bitter and resentful person.

Have been following the thread with interest, OP, she has definitely bagged up more today, I reckon Wednesday night, and Tessy will have a piebald colt :)

Sandstone1

Visit site
Please dont spoil a nice thread by beig petty. This young girl is doing all she can in a difficult and unexpected situation. Yes give advise but dont let it get nasty and petty.

Shadow the Reindeer

Visit site
I think there's a big difference between wanting to breed a foal, and getting an unwanted present DD.. Although Tessybear has come round to the idea, and is excited, it wouldn't be fair to class a BOGOF as a breeding only thread.

domane

Visit site
The suspense has rubbed off on my herd..... when I arrived this morning, they were all standing at the gate shouting "Has Tessybear had her baby yet????" ;)

IMG-20130406-03035_zps41020f66.jpg

tessybear

Visit site
Oooooo I havent checked here on purpose for awhile hoping for a surprise , come on tess :D you have a very pretty mare op

thank you lovely :)

The suspense has rubbed off on my herd..... when I arrived this morning, they were all standing at the gate shouting "Has Tessybear had her baby yet????" ;)

IMG-20130406-03035_zps41020f66.jpg
eeeekk they are lovely, one on the left could be easily swapped with a foal i think and you wont notice ;)

Noodles_3

Visit site
I think there's a big difference between wanting to breed a foal, and getting an unwanted present DD.. Although Tessybear has come round to the idea, and is excited, it wouldn't be fair to class a BOGOF as a breeding only thread.

This exactly! Can't see why this post would belong in the breeding section at all :confused:

Even if it is, we will all still read and comment with excitement :D:D

Mariposa

Visit site
How is the Mummy to be this evening? So good that the weather is finally less cold, much nicer for the new arrival ( the skewbald filly that WILL arrive this evening...!)