The things they do.

I'm Dun

Visit site
Having seen my horse stomp on a treat ball when the nuts didn't come out fast enough I would guess this is what's happened to this. It's a crack in the plastic not a hole where the teeth are stuck.

My super heavy cob cob has tried to stamp on his when he had one with tiny holes and it didn't damage it, really slamming his foot down on it with serious intent, so there's got to be something else going on.

AWinter

Visit site
IMG_4317.jpeg

I’ve just bought one of these, it’s very soft and flexible I can’t see that they could get stuck in any way, maybe a mini hoof could. I do think horses can get into all sorts of scrapes and I’m one who hates the plastic balls because they’re so noisy and annoying.

Cragrat

Visit site
View attachment 136172

I’ve just bought one of these, it’s very soft and flexible I can’t see that they could get stuck in any way, maybe a mini hoof could. I do think horses can get into all sorts of scrapes and I’m one who hates the plastic balls because they’re so noisy and annoying.

I like the idea of it being flexible, but I'm sure a jaw could fit through the pentagon shaped holes :(

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
View attachment 136172

Sorry, but a horse could easily get its jaw caught in those holes, they are far too big.

ETA

A post shared by Urban Horse.

There is a post circulating on social media showing a poor horse that whilst using a hay ball has managed to injure themselves by getting their jaw stuck in one of the holes. We have sold 100's of the original hay ball over the years designed by Parallax Equestrian. There are at least three inferior copies i know of being sold on the market today and their quality simply isn't as strong as the Parallax version. Plus the holes are placed too close together which is why the horse managed to get their jaw stuck in one of the holes (i have shared the post in the comments below).

IMG_0744.jpeg

AWinter

Visit site
Ooooh, where did you get this from?
It’s a Kentucky horse ball

I like the idea of it being flexible, but I'm sure a jaw could fit through the pentagon shaped holes :(

With it being soft it will just bend if they bite down on it, there’s nothing rigid about it so no way for them to get stuck. The horses just nudge it about anyway none of them seem to have any inclination to bite it.