THE VET ASKED FOR MY COPD RECIPE !!!!

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
He has a client's horse that is as bad as Shy was. I'm gobsmacked, but I hope my aromatherapy recipe works! This is it if it is of interest, with a FULL DISCLAIMER ;

200ml vegetable oil
40 drops eucalyptus essential oil (Mystic Moments from Amazon)
25/30 drops garlic essential oil (ditto)

I hope this may help someone. Ventipulmin did nothing ?

Highmileagecob

Visit site
Brilliant! I am in the process of getting the ingredients together, as my cob has reacted to pollen again this year - as yet only the odd cough, but happening during exercise.
Horrified to read of your ordeal the other day with the stray stallion. It must have been terrifying. Hope all is well.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
He has a client's horse that is as bad as Shy was. I'm gobsmacked, but I hope my aromatherapy recipe works! This is it if it is of interest, with a FULL DISCLAIMER ;

200ml vegetable oil

What do you do, slop some in their feed? Rigsby is coming up to allergy time, only the odd stray cough so far, but it would be nice to be ready.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Brilliant! I am in the process of getting the ingredients together, as my cob has reacted to pollen again this year - as yet only the odd cough, but happening during exercise.
Horrified to read of your ordeal the other day with the stray stallion. It must have been terrifying. Hope all is well.
I'm doing better now, but finger still very painful! Wont be riding for a while, eve though I have a symptoms free horse?.

Aim for about 30 ml a day, increase of necessary x

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
What do you do, slop some in their feed? Rigsby is coming up to allergy time, only the odd stray cough so far, but it would be nice to be ready.
I give shy about 20ml in his feed twice a day, every day. More if he wheezes at all. His 3 year long cough has stopped completely now. You could try a break and see if hes ok, can always start up again. Allie.

palo1

Visit site
I have the ingredients for your magic sauce but haven't yet tried it!! Do you know why it might work? I am a bit hesitant only because my horse is much better/generally symptom free now off all supplements but I have been thinking about this wondered what you think the key actions of the ingredients are?

palo1

Visit site
I looked up the essential oils when you posted the first time but hesitated because they all seemed to state "for external use only". So I got worried about the idea of feeding them.

Eucalyptus oil is in quite a number of 'edible' respiratory supplements so is generally safe to feed in these kinds of doses and garlic is safe to feed as long as the horse doesn't demonstrate an allergy/reaction to it. I think both have broncho-dilatory action as well as anti-viral and mucolytic actions so would help where there is mucous causing irritation to the lungs and could help to 'open' the tubes and clear any sort of viral infection over a bit of time. I don't think they have any 'histamine' sort of action (ie anti-allergy) but both are reputed to have some anti-inflammatory action which could also be really helpful.

I am considering trying this later in the year to see if my mare is sensitive to either essential oil as that is a possibility - I would rather try that when I know it is unlikely to be pollen etc that may have an impact on her!!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
My guess as to why it might work would be that the ingredients soothe, moisturize, open, and clear the airway.

I do know another oral supplement with eucalyptus oil in it that works quite well.

This remedy would also be competition friendly (drug testing wise), as far as I know...in comparison to steroids and other meds.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Yes it is linked but I am not sure how the dosage of essential oil would relate to that. I imagine that @Shysmum recipe would only be used for limited periods of time when there was a respiratory compromise?

No idea. I just now some people are very anti anything to do with garlic. I don't know much about essential oils, tbh.

PurBee

Visit site
I looked up the essential oils when you posted the first time but hesitated because they all seemed to state "for external use only". So I got worried about the idea of feeding them.

As per shy’s recipe the ingested dose would be around only 4 drops of each essential oil per feed @ 20ml given.
As palo said, the medicinal qualities of the oils bear merit for lung issues.

I too am aware caution must be exercised with ingesting certain essential oils yet the determining factor is finding excellent quality essential oils. The market is flooded with fakes and label ‘essential oil’ whereas its a carrier oil with a synthetic fragrance added. Those are not to be ingested as the synthetic fragrances are generally toxic.
Bottles of fake oil like this generally state ‘for external use only’ on the bottle label.

The label should say ‘pure essential oil of X’ - and the info from the company supplying it should state their policy of extracting pure oils from plants.
I always trace/google/research the company im planning to buy from - all reputable genuine essential oil companies have an online presence.

Its the 10ml multipacks of essential oils for £9.99 on ebay by some unknown company that dont show up on google, we need to be cautious of.

palo1

Visit site
As per shy’s recipe the ingested dose would be around only 4 drops of each essential oil per feed @ 20ml given.
As palo said, the medicinal qualities of the oils bear merit for lung issues.

I too am aware caution must be exercised with ingesting certain essential oils yet the determining factor is finding excellent quality essential oils. The market is flooded with fakes and label ‘essential oil’ whereas its a carrier oil with a synthetic fragrance added. Those are not to be ingested as the synthetic fragrances are generally toxic.
Bottles of fake oil like this generally state ‘for external use only’ on the bottle label.

The label should say ‘pure essential oil of X’ - and the info from the company supplying it should state their policy of extracting pure oils from plants.
I always trace/google/research the company im planning to buy from - all reputable genuine essential oil companies have an online presence.

Its the 10ml multipacks of essential oils for £9.99 on ebay by some unknown company that dont show up on google, we need to be cautious of.

I think the source @Shysmum has used is safe - an established alternative supplier in the case of any doubt would be Baldwins who provide lots of data and information about their products too.

PurBee

Visit site
I think the source @Shysmum has used is safe - an established alternative supplier in the case of any doubt would be Baldwins who provide lots of data and information about their products too.

i love Baldwins for herbs/oils/tinctures etc! I had forgotten about them and used them a lot when living in the UK - great suggestion.

smiggy

Visit site
@Shysmum , is it 200 ml oil or 2 l? Your original post was 2 l this is 200 ml
just about to make up your magic formula ( do feel a bit like Hatry potter adding my little potion drops ,) and want to get it right
thanks x

Shysmum

www.youtube.com

200ml vegetable oil

IT 2 LITRES OF VEG OIL !!!!!!

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Its 2 litres of veg oil, typo

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
My guess as to why it might work would be that the ingredients soothe, moisturize, open, and clear the airway.

I do know another oral supplement with eucalyptus oil in it that works quite well.

This remedy would also be competition friendly (drug testing wise), as far as I know...in comparison to steroids and other meds.
Its 2 litres, typo, sorry

smiggy

Visit site
Thanks so much
at this point would dance round a bush naked to keep him ok so the neighbours would def prefer your option.
omg they smell though
you could smell the garlic through the cardboard packaging Amazon sent it in. My laundry room still smells very funky ?

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Thanks so much
at this point would dance round a bush naked to keep him ok so the neighbours would def prefer your option.
omg they smell though
you could smell the garlic through the cardboard packaging Amazon sent it in. My laundry room still smells very funky ?
Its disgusting stuff! The vet saw Shy today and was really pleased with the difference

motherof2beasts!

Visit site
Hi , I’m really tempted to try this but my horse is an extremely good doer so I’m a bit scared of giving oil, do you think linseed oil could be used instead of veg oil ?! All the aromatherapy says noy for ingestion !

smiggy

Visit site
Hi , I’m really tempted to try this but my horse is an extremely good doer so I’m a bit scared of giving oil, do you think linseed oil could be used instead of veg oil ?! All the aromatherapy says noy for ingestion !
I don’t think three tablespoons of oil will make much difference to calorie intake in the grand scheme of things ( hopefully as mine also a good doer )