The Vet's verdict..

maddielove

Visit site
Had the vet out to see my horse this morning (see post below..) trotted up lame
frown.gif

Her back is in a lot of pain...but vet is convinced it's all behavioral? I dont know why it would come on very quickly when she has been a gem for so long (was very diffcult when i first got her when she was in a lot of pain with her teeth)

He scanned her ovaries, on is very small("butterbean" size he described it) and the other one is about the size of a tangerine, the other vet who was with him didnt seem very happy about it.

They took bloods and they are being sent off to newmarket today, completely forgotten what they were testing for..somthing to do with hormones i think.

Bit of a pointless post really, still really concerned as it's not like her to get painful problems like this
frown.gif

Off to see her in a few hours, she's haily sedated at the moment...need to wait for it to wea off.

Healing vibes for my sad wee mare?

thanks, Emma x

brightmount

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Glad they seem to be being so thorough. Fingers crossed for a speedy outcome for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that. The hardest thing is not knowing - it sounds like they are doing what they can to reach a diagnosis. Horses are such a worry, if only they could talk. (Hmm, what a good book title that would be....)

((((((Healing vibes))))))

maddielove

Visit site
thanks everyone...doesnt help that the vet has gone to spain for a long weekend!
horsey seemed very bright after sedation when i went to put her out...hopefully vibes are helping!!
thanks again!