The warmblood from the wits end thread...

katastrophykat

Visit site
Arrived home with me on Thursday!!!

He's settled in well, and I rode him for the first time today... No pics with me but my friend rode him so I grabbed the camera!!

He was a big star... He's won everyone over on the yard asking for cuddles and giving everyone that passes his box big brown eyes... Soppy sod!

Well here he is...

IMG_5892.jpg

IMG_5899.jpg

IMG_5908.jpg

nosenseofdirection

Visit site
He looks lovely! And he certainly doesn't look as though he came from someone at their wits' end (and wallet's end)! Good to see people putting the horse first, after all the sad rescue threads. I hope you have a lot of fun together!

katastrophykat

Visit site
Well I thought I'd pop another quick update on as I'm rather proud of him at the moment! Weight gain is still ongoing and we're working on building up his muscle again especially over his back and quarters so lots of hacking (working hilly hacks, not letting him schlep about with his nose poking which he much prefers!) and the occasional school session coupled with lots of time in the field to chill out. We are trying to make his work fun for him as he's a bit of a world weary 'been there done that, bored now' sort so thought we'd pop him over a fence or two last night... What a lovely jump!! I haven't jumped properly (ie not on a demented welsh pony that is traumatised by the whole process!) since my old mare was forcibly retired four years ago and had great fun last night attempting to drag my confidence back out of my boots!

Here's some pics of him meeting the summer field- he's now on 24-7 turnout- and a quick vid of him popping a fence- bear with me for the first few seconds... Teenager with phone could not find the socking great bay horse to point the camera at...!!

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36/katastrophy1984/4ddde173.mp4

IMG_6082.jpg

IMG_6100.jpg

IMG_6097.jpg

IMG_6090.jpg

Oh- and a clinic a couple of weeks ago :D

IMG_5995.jpg

IMG_5964.jpg

We're taking him out SJ unaff next week to see how he is and theres a little 2'10 hunter trial just up the road soon as well which I'm debating taking him to as well. I dare say he won't be found in the show ring for a wee while yet though- loads of work to do before that!

ISHmad

Visit site
What a great outcome for everyone, he looks like he has well and truly landed on his hooves. Good for Iconique for being so honest about him meaning he got this great chance.

katastrophykat

Visit site
He's out of the Woodlander stud, they sent me a lovely message in CR on here on another post...

How great to hear about this young man again. We sold him many moons ago as a four year old and were not kept in touch. He was bred by us out of a lovely dutch mare and he is the full brother to a dressage horse called San Jose and to a very smart broodmare called Shirley Valentine. She bred also a very smart foal.

I don't know why his name has no prefix, AES papers so maybe our oversight in those days. Very happy to know about him and acknowledge him he was a very talented horse with a good jump and we still have his father. Do call if you want to chat. See website or PM

I don't have his dam and sire's names to hand but will dig out his passport later on - his reg name Is Salvador Dali.

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
I thought he looks Dutch, with the neck and the back. Silly people buy WBs thinking they are easy or because they are pretty! Anyway now he has you wee will be able to watch him progress, you will keep us updated won't you. I think we all like to watch the positive progress of a HHO horse. :)
FDC

katastrophykat

Visit site
I'll admit- he has been a bit easy :D he is B O R E D in the school so we hack out, play over fences and ask for half pass/ shoulder in etc out hacking to keep his eye in and keep him on a high fibre/lots of grass diet and he has been a gem! I expected him to be a git but he tends to test you once (big spook-dive across the school effort or a nasty stop at a small fence) then if you pass, you're allowed to work him!! He's done it with me, and with my friend who rides him too, we both stuck with him and he's been a gem ever since :)