the weather !

thinlizzy

Visit site
The lightening woke me up today i hate lightening !Dont know how im going to check horses ,GLAD IM ON ASSISTED DIY !im going to try and make trek to visit once today though the snows terrible has anyone not been able to see to there horses ?

sueeltringham

Visit site
Snow here is atrocious and lightening scary. I'm guessing you're North East too? I'm lucky that my horses are at home, living out on ad-lib hay, so they're OK. Lots of horses around here with nothing to eat and snow is now very deep and still falling fast. Crazy! Hope everyone manages to get their horses sorted.

MinskiKaii

Visit site
Same here, weve had thunder and lightening and it has snowed hard over night and we're cut off at the moment. Going to be a long walk to the horses.

silver zaanif

Visit site
it is a nightmare, we have moved into an uninsulated chalet to be close enough to walk to the horss as our house is too far from the yard to drive if it really snows. it is cold. i am living in my ski trousers!!

RuthnMeg

Visit site
Frozen snow dusting from fri night still here funnily enough, but at -6 I don't think it will go any time soon!
My daughter was born during a lightening snow storm nearly 7 years ago, never forget that, and just to be ultra spooky my son was born on the day when we had a lightening storm, but no snow - thank heavens in May, 4 and half years ago! Maybe someone up there was telling me something!!?
I want some more snow, just because I like the stuff. :)

WelshTilly

Visit site
Snow why dont we have any!! Cornwall has lots which has meant i'm working from home as the roads are pretty treachorus, was going to Penzance!! :)

JadeyyAndLadyy

Visit site
That is because I live 15 mins away from you and I am willing it to stay AWAY!!!!

NO! It will NOT stay away, i DEMAND for it to snow. SNOW!!!!
snow2.gif

Dawng

Visit site
Well I've had enough of the snow already and it is still coming down - we had thunder and lightening last Friday here in the north of Scotland so we must have sent it down country afterwards!

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
Dam, where abouts are you all? i dont think i got any lightening, well havent even got any snow yet :( i been up since 4.45am I WANT MY BAD WEATHER!! :p

NO!! We DON'T want the bad weather!!! Stay away!! Keep as far away as possible!!!!

I've got a new horse arriving on Friday and I'm now panicking that after 3 months solid of searching, I've gone and finally found the right horse and bought him, at the worst possible time.
Our school is frozen solid, and if we get snow we wont even have turnout, and I'm just thinking this is not the best situation at all to get to know a new 6 year old who seems to be a little stressy anyway :(

L&M

Visit site
misinterpreted - I feel your pain! Having bought a new horse just over a month ago, who had been out of work since summer, had just started to get his fitness up and lose some of his weight, but can't see me continuing his excercise and diet routine in the near future.

The only positive thing is that you will have time to get to know each other without any pressures from ridden work, but still hugely frustrating......

The_snoopster

Visit site
-7 in shropshire now and we have freezing fog to make the roads even more dangerous, snow predicted again for tonight. Still dont have enough on the ground for a snow man though :(

Edited to say its started to snow lol it must of heard me say I want to build a snowman.

Last edited:

cindydog

Visit site
Snow every where, cars stuck by road sides, Just had containers converted into stables for winter and yesterday we had to rug up and leave horses out in case we could not get to them.(diy).
Put out big round hay bales and one livery who lives close got to them this morning to give feeds. Lucky here as Farmers all know owner and are happy to put in more hay if needed ( Bless All).

BallyK

Visit site
I'm near Edinburgh and its bad here, can't get my car out my street! Havn't managed to the yard yesterday or today, not sure when I will get up. My yard is up in the hills and no-one can get in or out! Luckily the YO lives on site so is checking and feeding Bally for me! Hope it goes away soon, I've had enough!!