The weird things you have caught your horses doing: over 16's only

Muchadoaboutnothing

Visit site
Ok I say over 16 because of what I am going to write :eek:

So picture it, christmas day, christmas songs playing on the radio, snow covered fields. . . . lovely christmas scene isn't it?

Whilst mucking out I look up to see the weanling snuggling up to another colt looking for his mums teat, lots of babies still go on the hunt for a drop of milk when weaned I know but, can't believe I'm telling you lot this, he was actually enjoying a good suckle on something else :eek:

Now the colt, although looking slightly confused, seemed to be enjoying the 'attention'.

Now I caught them 'at it' again today when my friend was up with me. :rolleyes:

So my question is: whathave your horses everdone to embarrass you?

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
Oh dear!

Hope you don't have to explain that one to the children lol!

My old gelding likes to get his 'something else' out everytime I go to groom him or even generally do stuff around him really. It is rather embarassing, I have to groom him in the privacy of his stable as if I tie him out on the yard I get people commenting that he must need a wee and it is a bit awkward to explain that no he really doesn't he just enjoys his grooming a bit too much!

MileAMinute

Visit site
I caught my 11.2hh Section A GELDING mounting his fieldmate. Bearing in mind she's a chunky 17hh it was rather embarrassing! :D

I've never seen him have an interest in other horses (in that way!) before, so was a shock too.

Ella19

Visit site
we had a coloured at college that never used to get his dingle dangle out until it came to National Diploma riding assessments. He would wait until all the parents were seated ready to watch their children ride and all the teens were lined up nervously waiting to find which mount they would be on. Then he would get it out and merrily wack it against his stomach whilst groaning very loudly!! He NEVER EVER did this any other time of the year, he knew when the assessments were. It was so funny, students, parents and staff never knew where to look. :D

Muchadoaboutnothing

Visit site
we had a coloured at college that never used to get his dingle dangle out until it came to National Diploma riding assessments. He would wait until all the parents were seated ready to watch their children ride and all the teens were lined up nervously waiting to find which mount they would be on. Then he would get it out and merrily wack it against his stomach whilst groaning very loudly!! He NEVER EVER did this any other time of the year, he knew when the assessments were. It was so funny, students, parents and staff never knew where to look. :D

It shouldn't be funny but it bloomin well is :D

Baldybear

www.freewebs.com
My pony is very gay. His favourite thing to do is to get a treat and then licks for hours.... so goes up to the other gelding in the field and stand face to face, he licks his nose and then his chest for ages (before we caught him doing it thought he had been racing round the field as he was so wet ;)). The after his chest moves across his belly and then licks up and down his leg and starts licking elsewhere! Then the other gelding starts "getting excited" and my pony then turns round ready for him.....!

He used to get mounted by a stallion at his old yard and seemed to enjoy it! He hates the mare in the field and picks on her all the time, including peeing in a pile of hay and only letting her eat that one....he is so mean!

He is "the only gay in the field ;)"

Lucinda_x

Visit site
Not horse but the chickens at the stables are always at 'it' and the other day a cockrel fluffed up to a duck and i thought he was going to attck the duck or similar but he jumped on top of the duck and started trying to satify his needs! Very very odd cockrel!

somethingorother

Visit site
haha, i like that it's mostly the boys which are showing us all up. New sharer came to meet ginge and try him out, i was chatting to her whilst giving the colt a brush and with pretty much no warning he decided it was about time he relieved himself and nearly got me with it. Had to jump out of the way. We normally at least get some warning to move out of the line of fire! Luckily she wasn't bothered but i was!

tinkandlily

Visit site
Haha who knew horses had a rude side lol.
I used work with a filly who would always tart around the geldings and i caught her a few times trying to mount them when they weren't intrested, we couldn't really ride her in company because she seemed to like getting it on in the great outdoors lol. Grooming was also embarassing, the closer you got to her backend the more she parted her legs and lifted her tail :D

Yorkshire dumpling

Visit site
not so much my horse but she is involved...
i took my dogs down to field (like normal and let them off to have a run while i did the daily poo pick. i glaced at my filly to see if she had finished her feed and my american bull BITCH was trying to mount her! and rubbing her bits on my fillies hind leg! :eek::eek::eek::eek: i dint know whether to laugh or be really worried that my dog has a fetish for same sex different species.
so she went back on the lead and my filly just carried on like nothing happened. my partner thought it was hysterical :rolleyes:!

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
It's not my horse but the donkeys that share his field, we are convinced one is gay. When he gets scared by something he mounts his friend, nothing happens but the other tries to get away so they hobble around with one clinging to him. Add to that the braying it gets embarrassing with passers by.

JenHunt

Visit site
Tom is a dirty old man, and starts to rock, and groan and walk backwards into you when you brush between his back legs, and around his sheath. He also makes the same face as he does when you scratch his withers or his heels (the "I'm really enjoying this, and if you were a horse I'd groom you back face" or Wibble Face as my sister calls it)

Ebenezer_Scrooge

Visit site

:D:D:D *wipes cava off screen* My boy does this when around mares in season....other liverys keep asking if he is a rig :eek::eek::eek::eek::D

mymare

Visit site
At one of the yards I used to work at, one of the stallions used to cool his balls on his manger, with his legs spread. At least it would start that way then he would rock back and forth on it - I'm sure you can imagine the rest! We used to have to watch what we stepped in when we went into the stable!

Pah! Men!

Tnavas

Visit site
MOst embarrasing - Santi 11.2 trying to mount Rose 16.1hh - he has all equipment oout and ready for action. Zoe one of my instructors opens the window and calls ouot "Santi shall I get you a box to stand on?"
Teacher of rather exclusive girls school looks miffed as she has several 8yr olds waiting for their lesson to start.

Another time being asked why Gwenny didn't have a baby pony as she's a girl aand all the others are boy pony's - by one of my 6yr old riders - you really don't know what sex education the little ones have had and how do you answer that one?

We also had a horse that let all hang out and bounce around when being groomed.

Cross-Country(L)

New User
Visit site
oh god, most embarassing moment :eek: was when i was putting my old loan horse Mitzi into the paddock with the woman who owned her's daughter Laura (she is only 6) and a horse bert who was recently castrated started to get 'exited' and began to mount Mitzi, and Mitzi stood their for a good 10 minutes whilst Berty Mounted her and after 5 minutes Laura asked me what was he doing i froze not having a clue what to say!!!!! i nearly died of embarassment when her mum came walking down and i just walked quickly tellling her to ask her mother as i dont know ! :S:S cringeeee :eek:

mymare

Visit site
oh god, most embarassing moment :eek: was when i was putting my old loan horse mitzi into the paddock with the woman who owned her's daughter laura (she is only 6) and a horse bert who was recently castrated started to get 'exited' and began to mount mitzi, and mitzi stood their for a good 10 minutes whilst berty mounted her and after 5 minutes laura asked me what was he doing i froze not having a clue what to say!!!!! I nearly died of embarassment when her mum came walking down and i just walked quickly tellling her to ask her mother as i dont know ! :s:s cringeeee :eek:

pmsl!!!!!!

LaurenM

Visit site
Mine would be when my horse apparantly mounted a mare whilst the pub had a wedding party present. Luckily I wasn't there.

I was present for a 17hh mare being mounted by a 16hh - again during the summer next to the pub garden. It was horrific to say the least but we were hysterical as all the parents were secretly giggling whilst the kids were screaming descriptions!