The x ray following my 'something of nothing' fall.

mynutmeg

Visit site
Good job on that - speaking from personal experience, get yourself on a joint supplement now, you're biggest enemy is going to be arthritis so anything you can do to prevent that is good.

Good luck with healing :D

nickslynn

Visit site
Wow thought I was looking at my x ray, but I had (still got!) 8 screws on plated side and 1 holding the odd bit on other side! Mine was left leg!
Mine was 10 years ago now, and I did it by falling off the bottom two steps of the stairs at home! My one piece of advice is to get as much phiso/support as you can when your cast finally comes off,
And make the most of taking things a little easier, but dont let it stop you enjoying yourself, I flew out to florida 10 days after my op! Wishing you a speed healing.

soulfull

Visit site
Oh wow that is identical to my fracture and fixings, except for 4 weeks I had an extra screw through my talus. Also my fibia was shortened during surgery which causes my whole joint to collapse 10 months later. I now have a replacement joint. Looks like you had a better surgeon than I did !
Hope you heal well!!

_GG_

Visit site
Rest up...I suffered a fractured back, broken pelvis and two foot fractures onWednesday, but a partial dislocation of my patela many years ago was far more painful. What I have now hurts far more, but only if it twinges...the dislocation hurt all the time.

You take care xxx

caseycat

Visit site
Girlracer, have you tried writing to ariat and telling them of your accident, lay it on thick how it could have been worse if not for their wonderful boots, and how disappointed you are that they had to be cut off. You never know they may send you a replacement pair.
Im sure i read a story similar to that in your horse a few years ago, the lady in that was wearing mountain horse ones and got her leg trapped going through a gate, the boot saved her leg from greater injury.

Speedy recovery so you can get back to your horse soon x

vieshot

Visit site
When I broke my ankle I didn't realise I had done it and sat on the floor laughing for five minutes.....the laughing soon stopped when I tried to stand up!

Dubsie

Visit site
Girlracer, have you tried writing to ariat and telling them of your accident, lay it on thick how it could have been worse if not for their wonderful boots, and how disappointed you are that they had to be cut off. You never know they may send you a replacement pair.
Im sure i read a story similar to that in your horse a few years ago, the lady in that was wearing mountain horse ones and got her leg trapped going through a gate, the boot saved her leg from greater injury.

Speedy recovery so you can get back to your horse soon x

You could write and ask if they will sell a left boot singly. Would save you buying a pair.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Ouch. With bells on!

It's similar to my wrist (plated and screwed), but I don't have a picture :( How did you get a copy of the X-ray? When I bashed my head the Consultant printed out a picture from the scan, which was decent of him (as I now have irrefutable proof that I do indeed have a brain lol :D).

Loving your photos :D Your horse looks to inquisative and gentle :D. When I've been damaged the Dizz was always very gentle around me. I think you need to frame that 'Oh cheesy toes!' one :D

blood_magik

Visit site
i can sympathise. I did something similar a few weeks before Christmas by landing on my feet and then going over on one side.
my knee cap popped back into place when my trainer straightened my leg and I thought I had just twisted my knee until I tried to put weight on it and my leg buckled :rolleyes:

anyways, long story short, I ended up with a 5 day stay in hospital, two plates and five months off games.

If the doctors say it's ok to start physio, I would get yourself a football to roll around with your foot to build up range of motion in your ankle. you can also roll it between your toe and your heel.

hope you recover quickly and you're not off games for too long. :)

mynutmeg

Visit site
That sounds like very good advice will have a look into some joint supplement - thanks!

Unfortunately I speak from experience - I severely fractured and dislocated my ankles about 5 years ago and they improved for about 2 years then arthritis kicked in and they went downhill quickly. One of them I had fractured through the articular surface tho so was pretty much guarenteed to become arthritic and the other was very badly dislocated.

Oh wow that is identical to my fracture and fixings, except for 4 weeks I had an extra screw through my talus. Also my fibia was shortened during surgery which causes my whole joint to collapse 10 months later. I now have a replacement joint. Looks like you had a better surgeon than I did !
Hope you heal well!!

Cheeky question but how old are you? I'm 29 and they refused to give me new joints (talking to surgeon I do understand why) and have had both ankles fused.

Girlracer

Visit site
Thanks for all the replies.

Luckily my OH is a professional athlete and his physios are going to do a couple of days a week with me when I'm out my cast which should help.

Going to have an interesting tan once my cast is off though :D

mynutmeg

Visit site
Thanks for all the replies.

Luckily my OH is a professional athlete and his physios are going to do a couple of days a week with me when I'm out my cast which should help.

Going to have an interesting tan once my cast is off though :D

Thats good - physio will make all the difference