The YP goes eventing with a more positive outlook this time

BeckyD

Visit site
I have a list (I am in work mode)!:

1. Don't doubt yourself :D He's getting better and better and that's due to your hard work and his confidence therefore growing.

2. Much more positive report and having seen the XC course pics, that was a meaty old course - well done!

3. He looks FAB! He really is looking so smart (he always has done but I just love the pics on this thread).

Well done!!! You're getting there :D The day when it all comes right you will be on cloud 9 and I think that's going to be very soon :D

dafthoss

Visit site
Go YP! Sounds like a good confidance building run :D
He is such a hansome boy!

Thanks, he is handsome from the right angle :p

Vet seems to be confident she has either tweaked something dolloping about or has an abscess so nothing too horrendous. I will get her patched up for you :p

He really looks good. well done with him :)

Excellent ;)

I have a list (I am in work mode)!:

1. Don't doubt yourself :D He's getting better and better and that's due to your hard work and his confidence therefore growing.

2. Much more positive report and having seen the XC course pics, that was a meaty old course - well done!

3. He looks FAB! He really is looking so smart (he always has done but I just love the pics on this thread).

Well done!!! You're getting there :D The day when it all comes right you will be on cloud 9 and I think that's going to be very soon :D

Thanks, I'm sure you know what its like, its not what we are doing that I don't believe we can do its that I think I'm not good enough for him, combined with a bit of he hates his job for good measure :rolleyes:. I hope he has a good day soon!

BeckyD

Visit site
Thanks, I'm sure you know what its like, its not what we are doing that I don't believe we can do its that I think I'm not good enough for him, combined with a bit of he hates his job for good measure :rolleyes:. I hope he has a good day soon!

Hmmm as you can imagine I know that feeling very well! But, I'm starting to think of things in a different way. No, I'm not the best rider for Bill (Nicky riding him and making it all look much better & more positive proved that) so therefore I have to ride as if I am a better rider and as if I am the person who can get the best from Bill. It's changed my mindset somewhat from a regular disappointment when things go wrong and attacking myself for it, to thinking right, what would a better rider have learned from that. Don't get me wrong it doesn't always work to keep me cheery, but it's definitely made a difference to my results as well as my mental state :D

I also think Bill hates his job but then I think he dislikes most jobs and would be a gentleman at leisure out of choice. Sadly not many people would be willing to spend the amount of money that I do, purely to keep him at his leisure so he has to go out and earn his keep (so to speak). And if that means that sometimes he has to do a bit more effort than he imagined was necessary, then tough cheddar :D Well fed, well-groomed, well-kept and well-massaged/chiro'd/saddlered/dentisted/vetted etc. and very well-loved. He has it easy really :)

The same goes for YP - even though he's shown very little signs from what I've seen, of hating any job! He looks "unamused but willing" in dressage but then 50% of them do - about 25% look unamused full stop (i.e. Bill) and a further 25% positively dance around the arena (my old horse Ronnie - bit of a diva) :D :D

dafthoss

Visit site
Hmmm as you can imagine I know that feeling very well! But, I'm starting to think of things in a different way. No, I'm not the best rider for Bill (Nicky riding him and making it all look much better & more positive proved that) so therefore I have to ride as if I am a better rider and as if I am the person who can get the best from Bill. It's changed my mindset somewhat from a regular disappointment when things go wrong and attacking myself for it, to thinking right, what would a better rider have learned from that. Don't get me wrong it doesn't always work to keep me cheery, but it's definitely made a difference to my results as well as my mental state :D

I also think Bill hates his job but then I think he dislikes most jobs and would be a gentleman at leisure out of choice. Sadly not many people would be willing to spend the amount of money that I do, purely to keep him at his leisure so he has to go out and earn his keep (so to speak). And if that means that sometimes he has to do a bit more effort than he imagined was necessary, then tough cheddar :D Well fed, well-groomed, well-kept and well-massaged/chiro'd/saddlered/dentisted/vetted etc. and very well-loved. He has it easy really :)

The same goes for YP - even though he's shown very little signs from what I've seen, of hating any job! He looks "unamused but willing" in dressage but then 50% of them do - about 25% look unamused full stop (i.e. Bill) and a further 25% positively dance around the arena (my old horse Ronnie - bit of a diva) :D :D

I thought you would understand :cool:. I think she's going to have to get on YP soon... if I can persuade her :eek:. Will try your positive thinking, when he helps me out its ok but when he tells me to naff off repeatedly it's difficult.

YP would also like to be a man of leisure, but he has to work which is a massive let down for him. Speaking of which we are going for a sj rematch tonight :eek:, I'll send you a video of last week so you can see him when he hates his job. I guess he doesn't normally hate it but it just gets on top of him and he lets his mind run away.

He isn't normally that willing in the dressage, this is the result of conning him in to it :cool:. Jumping bridle and stirrups and not much warm up have him thinking we might be jumping for most of the test :D he is normally with bill in the unamused full stop club. But Bill has been doing very well recently I see ;).

Holidays_are_coming

Visit site
Becky I'm liking the new attitude. Mine definitely hates the dressage although the last few lessons she has felt great although it will never happen in a test! At present im turning to endurance to find something she will play ball with me at although she does have a good excuse!

Maybe pops excitement for jumping will rub off on yp next sat!

dafthoss

Visit site
Oh, are my ears burning? ;) I'll make sure I bring my hat a week on Sunday, shall I? :p:)

They are indeed :D Yep hat needed I think :cool: We are seeing you on sat with HAC at the rc though, depending on if it plays ball tonight we are competing on the sun.

Becky I'm liking the new attitude. Mine definitely hates the dressage although the last few lessons she has felt great although it will never happen in a test! At present im turning to endurance to find something she will play ball with me at although she does have a good excuse!

Maybe pops excitement for jumping will rub off on yp next sat!

Hopefully she can tell him there are no monsters in the out door arena :rolleyes:. Hows the endurance going?