Theft of energiser...they came back :(

jgmbng

Visit site
Some of you may have read about the theft of my energiser and battery.
They came back and emptied the tack room

No saddles as one is in a saddle safe...one is in the house. However they did get :-
Bridles....head collars....leather riding boots x 2....medication...supplements.....coats....first aid stuff...hats....just everything else you would have in a tack room ( £1000 worth easily)

They kindly left the food and rugs but took my husbands mountain bike (£2500) which was anchored to the floor in a storage area behind stables.

Quad and trailer not taken but judging by the state of the room they have looked in every crevice for the key.

B##t#rd#

3OldPonies

Visit site
Sorry to read that the bar stewards came back again and cleaned you out. They really are scumbags.

Sending big hugs and sympathy. Finding something like this has happened is my worst nightmare.

acorn92x

Visit site
I'm so sorry :( heart goes out to you. There really are some beyond awful people out there. I'd get yourself on eBay and to any local tack sales and get hunting for your stuff as it could well turn up there. Is there anything distinctive on them that would make them identifiable as yours?

Juni141

Visit site
God poor you, what a violation of your space too, absolute b*st*rds! Time for some very big, very scary (looking at least) dogs maybe??

jgmbng

Visit site
Kezzabell 2 what a lovely offer but I do luckily have others elsewhere. The car will now be parked across the gates so quad cannot be driven out

crabbymare

Visit site
Please get the quad away from there as a car across a gateway will not stop them and if they did not find a key they will simply come cack with tools to break in :( they really are "nasty people" you can insert something stronger that would be banned :(

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
That's absolutely awful. Beyond awful!! What utter ***kers. What area are you in? Is there anything that was stolen that stands out enough that we could keep an eye out for at tack sales, car boots etc? The mountain bike must have some sort of ID on it. Please say if we can help in any way.

jgmbng

Visit site
I'm in Lancashire. We are about 1\4 mile from a main road but we have lived in the area all my life and did not know this house existed until we saw it for sale. Its tucked away and the lane terminates at a farm 50 metres past the stables.
Police have been and taken a spray bottle of sole cleanse (for fingerprints) that the thieves had used for something ?!
Insurance informed but because the tack room stuff wasn't secured I'm not sure where we stand.
I'm sure the bike will be covered though.

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear this, there are some right scum out there!! Def move the quad if possible.

We had a quad that was kept in a huge barn on our yard, our yard was set down behind some houses in a dul-de sac.. They cut the gate off the hinges next to one of the houses that our drive way went down the side of, went down the drive pulled the fencing down next to the second gate (horse was in the field luckily was fine) broke into the barn through the side door opened the main door pushed the quad out shut the door behindt themselves!! then pushed the quad up through the housing estate and was gone!

So if they really want it they'll get it sadly :(

Brummyrat

Visit site
So sorry to hear this, what utterly vile people. Let us know if there's anything you need, Im sure some of us have stuff we don't use....if it helps xxx

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
Please check out www.smartwater.com to identify your possessions in the event of them being stolen and then recovered.
Smartwater contains particles with a unique code that identifies the owner. Once someone has handled the item(s) then they are permanently marked with Smartwater so at a later date if they are ever scanned they can be identified have being in contact with the items. The items themselves are also marked with Smartwater so if they are recovered then the owner can be identified and the stolen items returned to them.
In many cases goods are recovered but the true owner can not be identified so they are never re-united with their property.
Also make sure that your horses are freezemarked on their shoulder so that they can be identified by anyone and also when they are being ridden. Freezemarking is far better to micro-chipping as anyone can read a freezemark.
WARNING! In many cases burglars will return after a few weeks knowing that the owners have replaced the stolen items with new items and steel them again.

Highlands

Visit site
Feel for you a lot, my friend had saddles nicked from a seriously off the beaten track house...I suppose sadly being well hidden has advantages and disadvantages. Defo CCTV

Evie91

Visit site
So sorry to hear they have been back. Must be my optimistic streak but read the title and thought your energiser had been returned ( read too many fairy stories as a child), only to read they've wiped you out!
Hope insurance covers most of it.