"Therapeutic" rugs

TarrSteps

Visit site
So I have a mysteriously broken dog. We have narrowed it down to hip/back (don't ask - diagnostics have been a nightmare) and are giving various things a go but she has been noticeably worse these last few days with the turn in the weather. She has a waterproof rug (the other dog has a wardrobe but she's not really needed clothes before) but I'm wondering about other options to keep her back warm without over heating the rest of her. Has anyone used Back On Track products for dogs? Magnetic rugs? I've used both on horses but never on dogs. Any other thoughts?

milo'n'molly

Visit site
Off topic as like you I have tried them on horses but not dogs but a friends dog has a hip problem and when I looked after him for a few days he refused to sleep in his own bed (a huge soft fluffy bed ) but instead chose to sleep on one of my dogs memory foam beds. He looked noticeably better for it in the morning.

As for rugs Rambo do a waterproof one that doesn't have much filling so shouldn't be too overheating.

TarrSteps

Visit site
Bizarrely, this dog hates memory foam! I got her a lovely bed but she flat out refused to use it and when I got her a mf pad for the car she wouldn't even sit on it.

I did find her a light waterproof but I had a Rambo for the other dog and it was brilliant so will likely get one for her.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
I don't know about magnetic dog rugs, but my old Vallhund really benefited from a Bioflow magnetic collar. I swore by it in the end. It too a couple of months to really work it's magic, but he came off all his arthritis meds and was like a new dog at 15 years old.