There's rearing and then there's this!!

only_me

Visit site
****!! and a suicidial rider with no hat...

Dont get me wrong, I dont care if you dont wear a hat - your head your choice and all that, but to wear it on what looks like a proper rearer - she knew it was coming from the way she reacted - is just pure stupidity.

Last edited:

HollyB66

Visit site
She kind of 'hung on' rather than 'sitting it' - shows it is daft not to wear a hat.

(sorry don't usually have a moan - but could not believe my eyes with this one)

alwaysbroke

Visit site
It doesnt look like its the first time it had done that either, so definitely another one on the no hat band wagon, and perhaps a body protector wouldnt have gone a miss either!

joeanne

Visit site
If you read the caption underneath, he had an abcess which was found the following day. The reaing was his way of trying to tell his rider he was in a huge amount of pain!
So not a "naughty" horse at all!!!

Munchkin

www.aloegeneration.co.uk and http
Ah I had one of these (no physical issues), only he used to flip over backwards occasionally or aim himself in the general direction of oncoming traffic running on his back legs... he was eventually put out of his (and our) misery :(

jinglejoys

Visit site
Jameswithaproblem.jpg

Miss-rose

Visit site
That's scary. I used to work in Arab racing yrs ago and one day the horse I was riding did this but went too far and came over backwards landing on it's side with my leg underneath it, I was wearing a hat but still got concusion and broke my ankle in 6 places and my foot was nearly pointing the wrong way. Safely say I don't much like rearers anymore

dominobrown

Visit site
There is only one horse I was scared to ride ever. We used to have an old mare who would either run backwards (I knew she would do something so I was padded out, hat, bp the lot and my mum holding a lieadrope). She ran backwards through a fence then tried to flip. She once reared up with me and went straight over. I did getting working okish in walk and trot but I didn't enjoy riding her at all. We sent her to an 'expert' who quickly sent her back! She would just rear up then throw herself on the floor, despite having her teeth, back, vet check, saddle fitted et etc. We just retired in the end. She was a very good hunt horse when she was younger then was a broodmare, obviously just wanted more babies!

Visit site
I must say it must be an experienced rearer to be able to go up that high without going over backwards! I bet it has done that lots of times before!

Jesstickle

Visit site
I must say it must be an experienced rearer to be able to go up that high without going over backwards! I bet it has done that lots of times before!

I couldn't help thinking that too :)

My friend has been unlucky enough to have two go over on her. She and they have survived unharmed somehow. I don't much like rearers I have to say. I'll ride most things without too much bother but I must say they put the hebejeebies up me!

And though she isn't wearing a hat I would like to say 'well sat' to the lady riding. I thought she coped with that rather well actually

Charem

Visit site
if you look at other videos the horse was also sat on for the first time without a hat... cripes, i'm not sure if that's bravery to be congratulated... or stupidity to be pitied... :confused:

The second one me thinks ;)

Wasn't it PrincessSparkle (sorry i know it has numbers in it somewhere!) who had a very impressive picture of CS rearing a while ago?