Thermal Imaging Pics

Llwyncwn

Visit site
There has been alot of interest recently about thermography so I thought I would share the pics of Cass which were taken last week. She has had numerous soundness issues over the last 3 years and is currently about 5/10ths lame. Our equine vet clinic has drawn a blank, 6 nerve blocks did not work on the right fore and they want to refer Cass for skintigraphy.

Any comments you care to make would be much appreciated ...

CopyofInnerPictureCassyJan2011005.jpg

CopyofInnerPictureCassyJan2011003.jpg

CopyofInnerPictureCassyJan2011001.jpg

InnerPictureCassyJan2011009.jpg

In this picture you can see my finger pointing to the hot spot
InnerPictureCassyJan2011008.jpg

InnerPictureCassyJan2011007.jpg

InnerPictureCassyJan2011006.jpg

Thanks in advance for any views.

clairefeekerry1

Visit site
am i right in thinking the images show the issue might be in her shoulder?

i am getting it done in few weeks time by same company. how did you find them?? i've had bone scanning done and it didnt show anything so thought i might as well try this. its about £1300 cheaper anyway!!

Llwyncwn

Visit site
Hello Claire, yes the issue is somewhere behind the right scapula and also in her right hock which was drilled for spavin almost 2 years ago.

I couldn't fault the company, professional and knowledgeable. I had two of my horses done, the other horse showed early signs of laminitis through walking on ice stilts in the freezing weather.

I'm not sure if the skintigraphy will be able to show any more than these images and, if its spinal as we think, whether anything can be done. I need to show my vets the images first and decide what to do next. They have suggested that we try medicating the shoulder with steroids/adequan, but 3 of my horses have all had this treatment in their hocks which didnt work at all for them.

Yes, it's much cheaper than bone scanning!! If you want any more info, by all means PM me. Where is the issue/s with your horse? I do hope you get it sorted x

Pidgeon

Visit site
couple of hot spots on both hocks, shoulder obvious.
Had this done on Pidge and had the white hot spot on his hock which was his second lot of hock spavin. IMO a great bit of kit for showing where there is heat and used in conjunction with a vet very good.