They're having a laugh........aren't they?

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
I am SO chuffed with Spider.

On Sunday, showing him myself for the first time, he behaved impecably, won both his classes at the Eastern BSPA Star show and the overall In Hand Championship.

Great...........however, that championship win now qualifies him for the 'Star Series Championship' final at the World Championships of Colour at the end of the month.
Still great and VERY proud mummy, as that must be some feat for a yearling against all ages.

However something at the back of my mind told me that I had seen photos of men showing in the evening gala finals in ........dinner suits, yes, full black tie job.
So.............what about us ladies?
confused.gif

I went to the organiser and thought I'd better check as I wouldn't want to look a numpty and turn up in hacking jacket etc.

Yes, you've guessed it.............she said, seriously,..............evening dress!!!!!!!
shocked.gif

Now Spider is only 1 year old, approaching 15.1hh, a colty colt and I'm about 5' nothing.
Am I seriously supposed to run like the dickens in my strappy, glitzy evening dress with boobs bouncing like two ferrets fighting in a sack and what about my heels sinking in the sand?
blush.gif
Huh?????

The organiser did say afterwards that some ladies prefer to wear evening trousers with a sparkly top..........so count me in then!
At least I'll be able to strap myself down in my strongest sports bra and have flat but smart shoes.

Well done if you've got this far and apologies for the long post, but I just wanted to share this with you.

If anyone has been to the WCC evening performances before perhaps they could let me know what the women were wearing. Or maybe PUK or the BSPS Champs?
Just need to check this isn't a wind up but I have found photos of blokes in DJs so I'm guessing not!

juliehannah58

Visit site
Sorry no advice but just had to say....PMSL!!!

What a brilliant opportunity though, there's no way you could miss it!

Have a great time and we REALLY need to see pics!
smile.gif

jacks_mum

Visit site
no it's not a wind up - we have qualified for Mini HOYS this year and it is DJ and evening dress in the evening. I saw photo's of last years champion and its 'mummy' was wearing a lovely long dress and a hat. Rather her than me I have to say, luckily hubby shows the small one and I got him a 2nd hand DJ a couple of years ago so we're all set. Just enjoy it as a new experience, that's what we plan to do.

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Can you just imagine it?!

Gathering speed down the long side of the arena when suddenly your flouncy skirt gets trapped between your legs, tripping you up, that sends yearling into a panic who then shoots off sideways, upending you, dragging you face down across the ring with you pointy stilletos carving up the arena!
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

No, defo the trouser option for me............perhaps we could do matching diamante tiaras though. Then again perhaps not!!!!!!!!!!

SillyMare

Visit site
Congratulations, but how funny.

Mental images of all the baby horses terrified of crazy women in big sparkly dresses - you might need to practice that one at home!

I'm all for a bit of dressing up, but evening dress and horses is mad!