thin wool numnah suggestions

autumn7

Visit site
I've always had Nuumeds and been happy with them but for one particular GP saddle I need something thinner yet would still like wool for hunting days.
Nuumed do a high wither light weight wool numnah but only fully wool lined and I prefer half-lined.

So - can anyone recommend a thin wool half-lined GP numnah please?

Last edited:

Cragrat

Visit site
I have a few JHL half lined numnahs - the wool is stitched onto the cotton backing without the sheepskin. They are easy to wash, thin, absorbant and seem to be appreciated by thin skinned chestnut TB's. They are the thinnest wool numnahs I have, but are still shock absorbing/ sweat absorbing.
Only down side is that after about a year, being washed weekly, the velcro tabs need replacing.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I'd say you'd struggle to find anything wool lined that is thinner than NuuMed, short pile numnahs are often sheepskin so have more body than wool lined anyway. What is the specific issue with having the thickness of Nuumed? I personally find them barely thicker than many cotton numnahs.

autumn7

Visit site
Thanks Jo and Carrots&mints - I shall take a look at those sites.

Cragrat - will google JHL. Are they noticeably thinner than Nuumed wool would you say?

Goldenstar & ihatework - all my Nuumeds are also half-lined, just wanted one as thin as poss. and they advertise a lightwt fully lined but not half-lined.

AnnieB it's specifically wool I'm after, but thanks...

sbloom - ah, assumed there may be a short pile wool lined out there somewhere. Definitely don't want sheepskin. As to thickness, I've had Nuumed thin cotton numnahs for donkeys years for summer and horse's hunting saddle fits well when paired with this thickness but prefer wool for hunting and the Nuumed wool one is a tad too thick, thus the question. Apart from Lemieux (which was too thick for my liking and altered the fit of both my saddles in my opinion) I've always stuck to Nuumeds therefore have nothing with which to compare. Hadn't occurred to me that they may be the thinnest out there.