Things learnt from today

Birker2020

Visit site
Your boss never praises your work, mostly forgets your name, rarely glances in your direction and wouldn't notice if you grew two heads or had a broom up your *ss.

And then the day comes when someone from head office visits (who is capable enough to lift the plastic sheet from the visitors signing in book to sign in) :D:D and they praise you in front of your boss for your hard work and dedication instrumental in helping towards an epic score of 45/45 in an audit we took part in (they see something in you that he clearly hasn't) and then all of a sudden it's like "Oh yes **** does this and she's done that, etc, etc " in full agreement like he's been saying it to me all along.....

So, so tempted to say "really? I've never heard you say that before" but bit my tongue for once :D

Highmileagecob

Visit site
Your boss never praises your work, mostly forgets your name, rarely glances in your direction and wouldn't notice if you grew two heads or had a broom up your *ss.

And then the day comes when someone from head office visits (who is capable enough to lift the plastic sheet from the visitors signing in book to sign in) :D:D and they praise you in front of your boss for your hard work and dedication instrumental in helping towards an epic score of 45/45 in an audit we took part in (they see something in you that he clearly hasn't) and then all of a sudden it's like "Oh yes **** does this and she's done that, etc, etc " in full agreement like he's been saying it to me all along.....

So, so tempted to say "really? I've never heard you say that before" but bit my tongue for once :D

Quick - ask for a pay rise!!

Birker2020

Visit site
Quick - ask for a pay rise!!
Ha I would but I'm just a lowly temp and when I interviewed for the job I specifically asked if I could work over some days, as the half hours here and 15 minutes shaved off lunch really mount up. Was told yes, wouldn't be a problem at all.

But a few weeks ago when I asked again I was told no, absolutely not, supply chain have put their prices up and the contingency fund only goes so far.......

Birker2020

Visit site
Time to start looking for new pastures! Take your skills where they are appreciated.
I agree.

Trouble is the horse is only a 20 minute drive away. So with my hours I can leave here at 3.30pm be done with the horse by 5.30pm and have swum and jacuzzi'd in the gym and be home by 7pm. Decisions decisions.

asmp

Visit site
To give up trying to go on holiday abroad. Had holiday booked with husband for China 2 years ago just as COVID appeared, rebooked for next month but have had to cancel that too. Daughter and I have booked to go to Russia later this year……..

Annagain

Visit site
To give up trying to go on holiday abroad. Had holiday booked with husband for China 2 years ago just as COVID appeared, rebooked for next month but have had to cancel that too. Daughter and I have booked to go to Russia later this year……..

Could you let us know where you've booked next please... so we know to book somewhere different !