Things that your " Horsey Kids " Say that make you laugh!

showpony

Visit site
I'll start it off...
Yesterday my 6yo was @ pony camp - instructor had a word with me after....
Bless, she had asked her to trot in a certain place ( Horse she was riding has a very tough mouth due to being pulled & sawed about the place by total beginners over the years....
My daughter couldnt make the turn & hense ended up jumping a 2ft jump:rolleyes:
Instructor asked why she jumped the jump & wait for this my just gone 6year old said " Well I was on a good line & it would have been wrong to pull her out" :eek::D ( Instructor agreed - LOL )

Lexie81

Visit site
That's the kind of thing my 9 year old would say! She is nuts about jumping and she and her pony are as mad as each other!!!

Not really funny but pretty impressive....we went with a friend to take her young horse for her first lesson with a top dressage trainer.
Friend started warming her mare up and my 9 year pipes up 'she looks a bit lame behind' I couldn't see anything 'seriously mum look at her off hind she looks like she isn't stepping through' sssshh I said.

Next thing trainer pulls my friend into the middle and says ' your mare is lame behind, looks like her off hind' I was stunned! She Mare is off to the vets for lameness work up :( and daughter is smug!

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
While watching me ride - Mummy.... Your corners aren't balanced (he's 5!!)

While I'm running beside him (he's just coming off the lead rein) mummy, you are too slow, it is so much better without you!

They are hilarious!!

Lexie81

Visit site
Ha racingdemon I was never fast enough to keep put with my daughter when she was tiny so she refused to go on the lead rein once she was about 4 and discovered her need for speed lol!

showpony

Visit site
Sometimes I think they put us in our place.... and at such a young age!! When I was having a jumping lesson 2 wks ago she piped up at the end of it - well well done Mum you managed not to fall off even though your jumping position was brutal:eek: 6yrs old! Whats she going to be like @ 16:)

Polonaise

Visit site
Years ago now little sister came out of the ring at a show cross having been eliminated on her stubburn first pony type, throws reins at pony and says "I don't like this one I want yours" pointing at my much bigger jumping pony. "ok" say I (evilly anticipating her humiliation) "if you can stay on my pony over the practice jump I'll enter you" sister gets on, stirrup leathers wrapped round 3 times, feet 4 inches short of bottom of saddle flaps, you get the picture.... manages to stear around practice ring then goes on to win the class. Grrrrr!!!

glamourpuss

Visit site
When my eldest was about 4 he came in limping. I asked him what was wrong he said.
'My feet hurt, I'm worried it's laminitis'

Kat

Visit site
My nephew piped up loudly, in the crucial moment of warhorse, while joey was caught in the wire, and asked why they didn't sedate him while they cut the wire.

Not sure the rest of the cinema appreciated it but he explained what he would do with reference to my horse having been cast a few weeks earlier!

Apercrumbie

Visit site
When my eldest was about 4 he came in limping. I asked him what was wrong he said.
'My feet hurt, I'm worried it's laminitis'

Oh that is fabulous!
Non horsey but similar to that one, my Mum claims that when I was 4 I announced that I had jetlag from driving up to Shropshire! Having never been on a plane at this point I'm not sure where I got the idea from :D

Megibo

Visit site
Not perhaps what kids say but for some reason this made me laugh and snigger for a while afterwards the other night:

Little sister (currently going to RC weekly) : Muuuuum, what does a horse do when its in labor?
My mum: Has a baby.

maree t

Visit site
Just been looking at a new pony for my daughter (13) i said that we could perhaps share this this pony as it is finally big enough to carry me. She offered to lead me if I was nervous :D
i am not a good rider but still .........

AFlapjack

Visit site
Nothing as clever as some of these but when I was younger one of the homebreds was booked in for a gelding. My friend and I were in the car discussing geldings on the way to the yard....

Friend: So what is a gelding then?
Me: It is a boy horse with no balls, a horse with balls is a Stallion
Friend: Oh right
- long pause -
Friend: So my dad's a stallion then?

:D

Littlelegs

Visit site
My 7yr old goes through her pony mag commenting on rider faults & the effect on the pony. And other pictures too.
When she was younger I asked her why she was pedaling her bike & squeezing the brakes at the same time. She told me it was because you never do something in front without also using your leg.
Last year visiting a friends yard there was a horrid teen booting, whacking & yanking her way round some jumps. Daughter stood watching & the teen asked if she liked her pony. Daughter replied in all innocence 'yes, it would be a really good jumper if you let go of its mouth'.
We met some police horses in the town centre one day. Other kids were asking to pat them & what were they called. Daughter asked for breeding history, exactly what feed did they have, & her opening line was 'whats the scar near his stifle from'.
When she was a toddler, she told everyone at nursery that eating too many sweets gave you laminitis.
Most recent was playing some game based loosely on medieval knights with non horsey kids on our road. Little boy said something about daughter not being able to catch him, daughter told him no, you didn't do your girth up so you fell off. Little boy very puzzled.
Olympics were hilarious. Lots of comments about striding, which were all spot on.

showpony

Visit site
OMG We could make a book out of these!!!

Another classic from my " just gone 6 year old" who ride in one of her lessons during the wk with an 11 & 15 year old ..... LOL!

Instructor " OK so who wants to jump a little higher"
" Daughter of course.... " ME ME ME "
15 Yr old " Only if the little one does it first! "
11 Yr old " Can I do it in trot"
Daughter " aimed towards 11 YO - do it in trot?? What are you ? a Beginner?? "

LOL need to teach her to keep her mouth shut:eek:

dafthoss

Visit site
Loving these, I want a small horsey person to come up with genious quotes.

One of the ponies I ride belongs to a small boy who was showing me his new mark todd rug, when I asked if he was going to be the next mark todd he just replied yep, in the way only a small boy can :D.

nicolenlolly

Visit site
Although we have our own ponies, my daughter learns on our neighbour's pony as she shows him and it is easier than trawling her pony back everyday.
Today the owner's niece was there having a lesson first. On the way home, Lolly turned to me and said "if she stopped socking him in the gob and trying to pull his teeth out, he would be easy to ride like he is for me" like she is the expert at all of 5!!lol she also told me that I should ride today "cos it has rained lots so the ground is wet so even if you do fall off mummy, it wont even hurt!" I love it that she has so much faith in me!!

Cazzah

Visit site
Mmmm, tale of caution from me following an hilarious but mortifying incident whilst at a local unaffiliated SJ show last month. We'd gone to watch my friend (who did a lovely double clear which my 2 year old duly clapped) and we were sat right next to the judge/commentary box.

Girl comes in and has a nightmare round, initially the horse was just reluctant to move forwards, que, "Mummy, why that horse not cantering?". It then proceeded to have pretty much every fence down to which he said, at the top of his voice "Oh no, that's really crap".

The judge was in hysterics. It was pretty funny. But I really must watch what I say as his vocabulary increases every day......

Littlelegs

Visit site
My daughters pony is very cheeky, opinionated & whizzy. But god help anyone who ever calls pony naughty. Apparently 'she isn't naughty, she just sometimes forgets to be good'.
When daughter was 4 she did a season with a friends very nice show pony. Great pony, but not the sort to let off lr with a 4yr old. My friend told daughter if we let her hack him off lr, he would gallop off & not stop. Reply was 'yey, can I hack now?'

kellybee

Visit site
Riding school kid (a little boy) doing gymkhana in the field as part of his lesson. Pony gets excited and starts napping on the start line.

His dad says (looking really concerned) "Are you okay son?"
Kid says "Yea I'm fine. He just likes doing wheelies while he's waiting his turn".

Baileybones

Visit site
I teach at a riding school and at the start of one lesson I asked the small child what she would like to do today.
After much thinking she replied "swimming".

Wrong lesson I think