Things your horses have been described as

rachk89

Visit site
Vet called my horse a junkie as he needed 4 sedations just for xrays and ultrasounds. And called him banana shaped because of how he moved before surgery.

My instructor calls him floppy as his legs just go everywhere when you ride him and you have to work extra hard just to get his legs working properly. Least he isn't tense, he just flings his legs everywhere.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
My husband calls the 2 minis 'The pit ponies' and my big mare miserable moo! The latter is because she's not keen on men (Will tolerate them now, but had very adverse reactions when I got her 2 yrs ago) and will now stand her ground but with ears back.
Local SJ instructor calls her hairy-scarey-flyer :D

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Someone (was it on here?) once referred to Amber as the wild orange beastie and that has stuck. Although she's being very calm these days so perhaps she needs to be renamed.
Ginny is Miss Grumpy Knickers.
Jenny is just angel-pony coz she always is.

Snowfilly

Visit site
My old sort of palomino / sort of buckskin gelding turned up at my instructor's yard for our first lesson together and was welcomed with 'that's a bleeding funny coloured one.' It stuck for the rest of his life.

My connemara mare was dubbed Fox Mulder by same instructor as she was paranoid about everything!

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
My cob was known as Fat Boy Slim on our first yard, as he was seriously obese when I got him.

My first horse was called "the lady" when I worked at a trekking centre, she was a very dainty TB type and the others were mostly hairy natives. We used to joke she was the "beautiful lady among thieves" as her name was Lorna Doone and the name stuck. Partly because with her called Lorna and me called Laura we needed a nickname for her.

Visit site
I call my little skewbald shetland The Wee Coloured Job.

Most people describe Gray is a mongoloid! I can't ever think why ...

40137880_10156646719714721_1642360992518111232_o.jpg

Greylegs

Visit site
Someone once described my yellow dun highland as a Womble. I was a bit offended until I looked at a picture .... and .... I could see where they were coming from. :)

Denbob

Visit site
Denzel is (perhaps) affectionately dubbed the 'shrinking violet' less for his personality and more for his ability to shrink to fit under any fencing you put there.

Also known as Limbo Beast or "you ******er how did you get over there"

Celtic Fringe

Visit site
Although he is a gelding we sometimes call my son's horse 'Mary Poppins' because he is practically perfect in every way!

Until recently my old cob was only ever called unrepeatable expletives by the YO, but both seemed to have mellowed a little with age and after a mere 15 years have reached a fairly amicable truce.

Starzaan

Visit site
My old boy was known as Grandad or The Gent for years bless him.
Also had a foal about eight years ago that was a pain in the arse, and ended up being nicknamed ‘the tyrant’, which stuck!

My current horse is a whopping great 17.2hh buckskin who has got such a serious naughty streak that he is universally referred to as The Yellow Peril. That has gone so far as me changing his registered name 🙈

He’s also known as the custard coloured yak when he’s being particularly charming.

He is also much more ID than my usual choice of horse - a bit chunkier and sturdier, and therefore is often referred to by an old friend of mine as the ‘common Irish bog horse’

SEL

Visit site
I fondly refer to my 2 as Fatty and Farty.

Militaire has at times been described as an overgrown Shetland and an Exmoor on steroids. 😂

chaps89

Visit site
My instructor calls mine Efficient and Economical. Lives off fresh air and puts minimal amount of effort in unless really convinced otherwise! (Horse that is, not instructor)

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
My friend says my old pony is like a Labrador. Placid, greedy and sheds hair everywhere. He would also come in and lay on the couch given chance :D

only_me

Visit site
A big dog - as he acts more like a dog than a horse. Even plays fetch with his toys...

The vet said he’s the only horse he likes :p

Ddraig_wen

Visit site
My boy was known as the sex pest because he would tell me if anything was in season within a 3 mile radius haha.

The big lad is known as the lanky one, H Mr Maxi because he can almost pass for a maxi cob if i take all the hair off.

Mrs Highland is known as small fat and furry

Pinkvboots

Visit site
My instructor calls both of mine right divas that throw there toys out the pram when things don't go there way, it is about right to be honest they both have very strong opinions about most things and definitely let you know about them.

JFTDWS

Visit site
The highlands are collectively known as the "Paddock Clearance Company", on account of their insatiable appetites and limited selectivity in their diets. Mind you, it's worse for the smaller highland - he's called Darach, which is pronounced (incorrectly, down here) Darack. At one yard, he was called Darack Obama. I, however, call him Daemon, because he's a right little *expletive* sometimes. Fergus, at least, is mostly known by his own name, because he's alright really.

Skye I tend to call "Asfaloth" because I really like tempting fate. I lent her to a professional polo umpire at a tournament recently and he described her as "very laid back for a polocrosse pony"...