Think I have fallen in love....

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
Looks a lovely type, just the sort of thing I like. I will keep my eyes open for you whilst we hunt.

We went to a dealers today - she had 4 potentials. 1 was way over our budget so out of the equation, Sophie rode two - completely different but both very nice, and would be suitable for us both to ride when I am not pregnant. The last one was a 4yo, sounded ideal for Sophie but not for me as he was only broken this summer. Sophie is going back to hack the two she tried and thinks she may well try out the 4YO too bacause its nagging at her brain (stuff you Mum! - not realy, its mainly going to be her horse)

Quite positive morning realy as everything she has looked at so far she has felt a bit 'meh' about.

Last edited:

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Looks a lovely type, just the sort of thing I like. I will keep my eyes open for you whilst we hunt.

We went to a dealers today - she had 4 potentials. 1 was way over our budget so out of the equation, Sophie rode two - completely different but both very nice, and would be suitable for us both to ride when I am not pregnant. The last one was a 4yo, sounded ideal for Sophie but not for me as he was only broken this summer. Sophie is going back to hack the two she tried and thinks she may well try out the 4YO too bacause its nagging at her brain (stuff you Mum! - not realy, its mainly going to be her horse)

Quite positive morning realy as everything she has looked at so far she has felt a bit 'meh' about.

She is lovely isnt she. Good luck with your horse hunting. I have just been in contact with a local dealer actually, she has a couple of young mares that will need backing, not ideal, but I will do it if the mare is that nice and I fall in love. As the dealer is local I am hoping to pop by tomorrow morning :D

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
You could just try and make an offer - no harm in asking eh?

Well that is true, and I am good at bargaining for sure. Will see, she is stunning and just up my street.
I am hoping to see a couple of young mares locally, not broken I dont think, but they are younger,3 ish I think the lady said, so we shall see :)

cassie summers

Visit site
she looks like my mare except Cassie is 16 hands but very alike
cassiespirit.png

well now i look at her maybe not as hairy

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
She is lovely isnt she. Good luck with your horse hunting. I have just been in contact with a local dealer actually, she has a couple of young mares that will need backing, not ideal, but I will do it if the mare is that nice and I fall in love. As the dealer is local I am hoping to pop by tomorrow morning :D

Good luck then - I think you know when you see 'the one'.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
she looks like my mare except Cassie is 16 hands but very alike
cassiespirit.png

well now i look at her maybe not as hairy

Your horse has a very pretty and kind face :)

Good luck then - I think you know when you see 'the one'.

Thanks, I certainly think you do, its only about 7 miles away so well worth a look, I will have to work on the price I think :D

Cobiau Cymreig Wyllt

Visit site
Good luck with your search MWM - I've read your posts about Seren..you and she sounded to have had an amazing bond and I hope you find someone equally lovely to have new great times with...
And yes, the mare on DD looks nice...and the one on preloved looks a bit of a bargain too ;)
Keep us posted! :)

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Good luck with your search MWM - I've read your posts about Seren..you and she sounded to have had an amazing bond and I hope you find someone equally lovely to have new great times with...
And yes, the mare on DD looks nice...and the one on preloved looks a bit of a bargain too ;)
Keep us posted! :)

Ah thanks CCW. I hope to get one soon too, miss it terribly, I miss her terribly but I cannot change that, I can change the horseless ness though :)

I will keep you all posted, as soon as I have another I will no doubt be right on here :D

Cobiau Cymreig Wyllt

Visit site
Ah thanks CCW. I hope to get one soon too, miss it terribly, I miss her terribly but I cannot change that, I can change the horseless ness though :)

I will keep you all posted, as soon as I have another I will no doubt be right on here :D

I think its no bad thing to wait until you find someone who feels a bit like 'the one', especially when you've had someone who was very much 'the one'!! ;)
Found this both with horses and dogs..I don't think they ever leave your heart once they make their home there!!

cassie summers

Visit site
i lost my horse Mac in march and i then saw Cassie my MW/HW mare what a lovely kind horse she is i have such a love for her i wont ever forget Mac i hope you find what you are looking for also i paid under a 1000 for cassie she is 8 though she hadnt been ridden when i got her but i backed her and have been riding her now for the last 6 months

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I think its no bad thing to wait until you find someone who feels a bit like 'the one', especially when you've had someone who was very much 'the one'!! ;)
Found this both with horses and dogs..I don't think they ever leave your heart once they make their home there!!

So true, she will always be in heart. The right one will come along at the right time I suppose :)

i lost my horse Mac in march and i then saw Cassie my MW/HW mare what a lovely kind horse she is i have such a love for her i wont ever forget Mac i hope you find what you are looking for also i paid under a 1000 for cassie she is 8 though she hadnt been ridden when i got her but i backed her and have been riding her now for the last 6 months

Sounds like it has gone really well since having her, she sounds very sweet. I am hoping to pay under £1k, there have been some crackers for under £1k so I am reluctant to go above that amount in truth

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
My friend is selling her 14.2hh black welsh mare if you'd be interested I can find out more info for you.

Hey. Thanks for your message. When you say welsh, do you mean a section D? I love section D's but it is more a traditional mare I want. The one in my original link is so close to my dream horse, so if your friends mare is alot like this I would love to hear from her/you :D

Brigadoon

Visit site
Make them a cheeky offer. Nothings selling and still lots of winter feeding to go. It sounds like you would be suited with her so go for it.
In the current climate I would offer 500 quid and then go upto 800. Would you get her vetted? Whilst I would if your not take the trailer and cash.
I went with a friend last year and made a real cheeky offer for an expensive horse. Whilst we would have paid the full price I got her for 40% less than they were asking.
Good luck and let us know x

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Make them a cheeky offer. Nothings selling and still lots of winter feeding to go. It sounds like you would be suited with her so go for it.
In the current climate I would offer 500 quid and then go upto 800. Would you get her vetted? Whilst I would if your not take the trailer and cash.
I went with a friend last year and made a real cheeky offer for an expensive horse. Whilst we would have paid the full price I got her for 40% less than they were asking.
Good luck and let us know x

Thanks brigadoon. Well I have sent them a provisional email with an offer I can just do so we shall see, its well below asking price. She could be snapped up, I think she is just stunning but hopefully no one else is fussed on her :D:D
I will keep you all posted :)

indie999

Visit site
Yes very dulux doggy! I like her too and she is just down the road from me. Lots of horses are driven around the Hatfield area so I am sure she would be good on the road as its quite a busy place for traffic?

She looks a black beauty.

Chestnutmare

Visit site
ooo how exciting for you... I shall keep my eyes peeled for you too incase the one you want has sold, I have been looking on Donedeals too I know it's Ireland but to be honest some of them are sooo cheap and lovely looking animals, and then you'd have to pay transport across, I know Toby was £350 on a shared load.
maybe it would be worth looking???

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Thanks Merlywerly, I will have a look into that.
Sadly that mare has sold, I am not surprised, she was stunning.

I went to see a 3year old today who was pretty nice, only 20mins away, but I am not sure, think she is too short in the back in truth, shame as other than that she could be a real consideration but she almost looks too compact

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
3 years old... the spine wont have stopped growing yet. ;)

ETA. Is she rising 3 or rising 4?

She is just 3yrs old, so yes, still some growing to do. I may see her again, the guy forgot the headcollar to get her out of the field as I would have liked to have had her out of the field to assess her real height, she looks about 14.1hh atm

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
She is just 3yrs old

My filly took a 5ft6 rug as a rising three year old. Now (rising four) she has a bit of bottom peeking out of her 5ft9 rug, she should need 6ft once she's stopped growing. :)

Can you see the filly's sire or dam?

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
My filly took a 5ft6 rug as a rising three year old. Now (rising four) she has a bit of bottom peeking out of her 5ft9 rug, she should need 6ft once she's stopped growing. :)

Can you see the filly's sire or dam?

No, she was purchased with another mare by these people together but the mare is not her mum. They just have her in a field with 4/5 of their broodmares who are not for sale. He reckons she will make 14.3, which is perfect, she did look bum high from what I could see in the mud. I may ask to go and see her next weekend and ask them to get her out of the field