thinking of friend tonight, hard day tomorrow

Pidgeon

Visit site
Friend has made the very difficult decision to have her old boy PTS tomorrow. He's in his 30's but just starting to struggle so she's made the decision to let him go. Hugs xxx

somethingorother

Visit site
Thoughts for your friend, she has done well with him if he's in his 30's, and sounds like she's going to maintain that to the end, a very brave person. Hoping it is as easy as these things ever can be. x

LauraBR

Visit site
frown.gif
Very sad day, hugs to her x

fatpiggy

Visit site
Hi Mooch, poor you. My "adopted" pony was put down a few months ago aged 44. I do miss her even though she wasn't mine and it is strange only having my own mare to see to now. Jerry went while he was still quite happy and with the sun on his back. When, later in the year, you are crunching about in frozen mud, or being blown from one end of the field to the other by the gales, you will be glad you don't have to worry about him being out in those conditions any more, and you won't have any regrets about your decision.

Mooch

photobucket.com
Fatpiggy, you have hit the nail on the head totally!

Despite the body slowly starting to slip, the mind and sole was still very much 'Jerry'. Today has been a beautiful sunny day, but I was aware that these days wouldn't last wrong until the mud, rain, winds and ice appear.

Thank you all for your lovely well wishes, they do mean a lot. xx