Thinning Hair

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
My groomer mentioned last week that Daisy’s coat was getting thinner in her opinion. I must admit that it’s not something I’d noticed as she’s been kept in quite a full coat this winter. She was trimmed to her usual shorter length on her last trip, and I think that maybe yes her coat is a little thinner. Most noticeable on her chest.

She has no skin issues and is well and looking good in herself, but is this something I should chat to my vet about?

She’s a 10 year old fit and healthy Bichon.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
My labrador started getting a bit of a patchy coat and my vet tested for thyroid issues, which turned out to be the right thing to do in our circumstances. Once on daily tablets, her coat recovered nicely. Might not be that, but may be worth getting her checked. My lab had no other symptoms.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I assume you haven’t but when I changed cecils food once his coat went really thin, mainly on his head. I did go to the vet and his first question was had I changed food.
I found the old stuff, switched back and it improved.
Anything chicken based used to make his hair a bit thin I worked out 🤷‍♀️

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I assume you haven’t but when I changed cecils food once his coat went really thin, mainly on his head. I did go to the vet and his first question was had I changed food.
I found the old stuff, switched back and it improved.
Anything chicken based used to make his hair a bit thin I worked out 🤷‍♀️
I did change it back a couple of months ago to one I previously used. Worth a thought.

But I think I’ll make an appointment with my vet and have a chat.

Thanks all xx

Bellasophia

Visit site
The same thing happened to my apricot poodle..Her coat thinned and also colour faded..thyroid issues diagnosed and once on a daily euthyrox table she regrew coat,plus deepend her colour dramatically..Good luck DAISY.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
As an after thought Cecil is also on Onychotin daily which has turned his claws around unbelievably so I’d assume also contributed to his nice coat now.
I’d reccommend them if you don’t get an obvious answer.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
The same thing happened to my apricot poodle..Her coat thinned and also colour faded..thyroid issues diagnosed and once on a daily euthyrox table she regrew coat,plus deepend her colour dramatically..Good luck DAISY.
Was hoping you’d respond. Thanks.

She’s booked in for a consult tomorrow xx