This is how I celebrated my engagement! Bloomin horses!!

Sunny08

Visit site
Well after talking about it for a while my OH and I have got engaged. We went and told my parents who were delighted. As I didn't yet have a ring my Mother gave me her engagement ring until we get one, which was both her Mothers, and my great grandmothers ring and is a valuable antique! It only fitted my little finger.

I never wear rings, ever, and totally forgot I had it on and went to ride my 4 year old, who was on her toes. Trotting round the school my girl decides to throw in a couple of bucks which means I open my little finger and feel the ring falling off, I try and grab it, spook the horse further who leaps sideways and I land on my back in the middle of the school. Get up and can't find the ring anywhere!!!! (p.s. first time I have ever fallen off her and she looked more shocked than I!)

So after scrambling around the sand for hours I still can't find it. I call my OH who locates a friends metal detector and we spend 3 hours searching the sand school for this tiny little ring! Eventually found it - thank goodness. So instead of going out for our posh celebration meal we were covered in sand, in the dark and freezing!!!

Needless to say the ring is now safely in a box but I have commissioned a copy of it in white gold that fits for my real engagement ring - I daren't have the original - Mum can keep that!

Thought I'd share as it is amusing!
smirk.gif

Demolition_Derby

Visit site
Blimin heck you were lucky - my friend lost her Grandmother's ring in her horses field one day moving jumps around, they got a metal detector but never found it
frown.gif

And, Congratulations!!
smile.gif

Clodagh

Visit site
I found my wedding ring last week that has been missing for three years!
Well done on finding it, the copy sounds like a good idea. You'll get wonderful calluses once you are married, I have above and below ring ones.
Congratulations on your engagement.

posie_honey

Visit site
aww - congrats - as a newly engaged person myself i know how lovely it is! well done on finding the ring!!

mine was also a bit eventful...

went to beach with honey (see pic in my sig) galloping about and stopped to sit on some rocks for a rest - holding horse and dogs - OH pops the question
laugh.gif
has ring and it fits perfectly - good boy
wink.gif

all going swimmingly till my half blind and deaf springer decides to run round the back of honey with his extended lead on!!! cue all hell breaks loose - honey goes mad - springer wraps lead further round her back legs - luckily lead breaks and i manage to calm honey enough to get the rope off her backs legs!!! could have been awful! honey came away with somr small rope burns and springer barely noticed anything had happened!!

katiex2

Visit site
Congratulations!! and great story!!!

God it seems like a lifetime ago when we were engaged!! Just had our 6th wedding anniversary and we were engaged for 11 years!! You have to be very sure its the right person you know!!
wink.gif

Kat

Visit site
Congratulations!

You are very lucky being able to find it, my husband has lost his wedding ring in the garden, and we haven't been able to find it, I'm still trying to find someone with a metal detector.
frown.gif

BFG

Visit site
Congratulations!

It is a very good sign that your OH stayed with you to look for it and didn’t go off in a huff because he had missed a meal out. Keep hold of that one!

JosieSmith

Visit site
Congratulations!

I have been engaged for about three years (finally tying the knot next year) and didn't wear my ring to the yard at first, then when I did start, one day I got home (after having been numerous other places since being at the yard that morning) and discovered ring wasn't on my finger!
frown.gif

Frantically retraced our steps, ending up at the yard. It could have fallen in her bed, she might have stood on it and it might have been in her hoof in the field.
frown.gif
Purely a stroke of extremely good luck, as we were walking across the yard, OH saw something glinting in the sun, bent down, and there was my ring, just lying on the floor in the middle of the yard, no-one (person or horse) had stood on it despite it being there a good few hours, so lucky!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
My friend just got engaged and she refuses to wear hers at the yard, even though she just comes up to watch me.
grin.gif

Totally agree with the callouses, have to take my ring off now when poo picking/mucking out etc, it just rubs and hurts (though it gets safely locked away until I'm done)
grin.gif

Hippona

Visit site
M and OH didn't get engaged- we just buggered off and got married and gave people 2 weeks notice.....so no engagement ring.

I have been moaning about an eternity ring for years and seeing as its my 40th next month he finally said he would buy me one....

......and I said no thanks, I would either never wear it for fear of horse-related incidents...or I would lose it or get it covered in poo etc etc....

So he going to renovate a trailer for me....how romantic
grin.gif

camilla4

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
see...if you werent a horsey gal you would have just gone out for your posh meal and had no stories to tell your kids.....

Congrats by the way
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Poppymoo is so right! You will be delighted one day at the fact that you have an interesting engagement story to tell! I promise
smile.gif