This is ragwort right?

chaps89

Visit site
I'm hoping the answer is no, but...
It looks more like some sort of salad leaf than ragwort but does also look like ragwort too.
Flipping loads of it has sprung up so hoping it isn't but have a feeling it is.
Can anyone confirm for me please?
Screenshot_20200907-135908_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200907-135904_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200907-135848_Gallery.jpg

eggs

Visit site
Doesn't look like it to me. Ragwort leaves are thinner and more jagged and the stem usually has a purplish hue to it in a second year plant.

chaps89

Visit site
Yippee.
It looks nothing like stuff that I know is definitely ragwort (and I have no shortage of that either ? ) but the leaf shape had me wondering!

Redders

Visit site
Looks like sow thistle to me! With some sweet violets around the and a spear thistle joining the party :)
The last pic, possibly hawkbit but I’m not sure, but def not ragwort

Lois Lame

Visit site
I think I may have chopped out some Shepherd's Purse when I was pursuing capeweed the other day. Drat. Just goes to show the importance of further features, such as flowers, for plant ID.

chaps89

Visit site
Thanks everyone. I have plenty of weeds, so good to know these are just another variety.
Google hasn't bought anything up saying any of the suggestions made as to what they are, are toxic so that's good news.

Lovemarmite

Visit site
It looks exactly like what I've just planted in my wildflower area at home, comes out in a ragged purple flower? Usually see it growing in hedgerows, can't for the life of me think what it is called

chaps89

Visit site
No flowers to be seen.
I moved into the field in March and there was alot of weeds but not the 2 types posted, these are new and have sprung up (growing like crazy) in the last 2 weeks