This is so so so upsetting.......

Becca-84

Visit site
I saw this in Latest News...Poor poor little pony :( Watching that brought tears to my eyes :( Bless her cottons, at least she's not hurting anymore...RIP little girl xx

dumpling

Visit site
That is a disgrace. Why the hell did she have the horse if she didn't bother to look after it? What a horrible nasty vile person.

Cazzah

Visit site
Good God, how could she not see how wrong that was and do something about it? Hideous, pathetic excuse for a human being. 10,000 pounds.....bring back corporal punishment - it should be 10,000 lashes. Horrible b*tch.

ladyt25

Visit site
I just don't get why people have horses (or indeed any animals) if they are prepared to let them suffer so horrendously?! It makes no sense. Such a waste, that horse looked lovely and I feel for those poor girls that had to walk her to show the true horror - I am not sure i could have done it knowing how much pain she must have been in.

Could that happen if a horse was left in a field for 6 years? I wouldn't have thought so which then makes me think that she was confined or shut in for that time? That makes me feel even worse. It just makes you want to cry and no, that woman did not get punished enough!!! makes me mad.

Groom42

Visit site
That was horrific, poor, poor girlie.
Other than the feet, she looked in pretty good condition, ( I think - I can't bear to watch it again, to double check). Just cannot understand the mentality.

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
I just don't get why people have horses (or indeed any animals) if they are prepared to let them suffer so horrendously?! It makes no sense. Such a waste, that horse looked lovely and I feel for those poor girls that had to walk her to show the true horror - I am not sure i could have done it knowing how much pain she must have been in.

Could that happen if a horse was left in a field for 6 years? I wouldn't have thought so which then makes me think that she was confined or shut in for that time? That makes me feel even worse. It just makes you want to cry and no, that woman did not get punished enough!!! makes me mad.

No I dont think if the horse was left in a field that the same thing would of happened. I think it was because she was stabled. I think she was walked purely to get her to the trailer as maybe they were thinking with serious remedial shoeing they could get her legs back right. But perhaps with x rays they realised they could not hence PTS. This is speculation though, I am just guessing.

Ali2

Visit site
Forced myself to look. Horrific. Poor, poor girl. At least she's no longer suffering.

How anyone can allow that to happen is beyond me :( :( :(

amiacat

Visit site
I feel physically sick. That poor mare, thank goodness she is now out of her misery but why are there people out there who put animals into these situations? I really don't understand this lady's thinking, what did she gain from treating this young mare like this?? I bet the justice system doesn't do Florence any justice and the lady is out before the ten years is up, as usual. Makes me soooo mad! I've gone from sadness to rage whilst typing this!

mole

Visit site
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/article.php?aid=303056

I dont know if this has already been put up here. Poor Florence RIP! :( Run free, pain free and on happy healthy feet. The video is really horrible ..... just to warn you.... it made me cry quite a lot.

umm well why were they even making her walk on them? sorry but she should have been put down once assessed not walked around!! thought they want to stop the suffering not inflict it!!!!

City Mare

Visit site
umm well why were they even making her walk on them? sorry but she should have been put down once assessed not walked around!! thought they want to stop the suffering not inflict it!!!!

Sad it is, but I would think she had to be filmed walking so they had sufficient evidence to show how deformed the poor mare was, and how much she was suffering in order for the case could be presented in court and an substantial fine to be dished out. Not enough imo - and I really hope she is made to pay it - but at least it made it to court - I would guess that only a minority ever do. As for the remaining horses in her "care" lets hope they can be removed and saved :(

Last edited:

bigboyrocky

Visit site
Absoloutly disgusting.

The worst thing is, if they have missed this and left it for so long, imagine how many other simular cases there are out there. Its horrible to think about.

Agree she should be shot. God help her if i ever see her!!

RIP Florence :( horrible to see that they made her walk any more than she needed to for the video aswell.. :(

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
You know when what you would like a person to suffer in the way of penalty (for cruelty inflicted on a defenceless creature) crosses the boundaries of what is considered acceptable punishment in a developed country..?

I really hope someone metes it out on behalf of that poor, poor mare.

siobhain

Visit site

I saw this comment on the youtube page which explains it

"thanks for your comment, the horse was given a large dose of painkillers to allow it to walk this short distance as it is unsafe to put horses to sleep in a confined space, so sadly she had to be moved."

At least the poor poor beauitful girl is now at peace and free of pain.

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
I saw this comment on the youtube page which explains it

"thanks for your comment, the horse was given a large dose of painkillers to allow it to walk this short distance as it is unsafe to put horses to sleep in a confined space, so sadly she had to be moved."

At least the poor poor beauitful girl is now at peace and free of pain.

Thank you for posting that. I hadnt looked at the You tube comments. that helps.

GREYSMEADOW

Visit site

lannerch

Visit site
There is a article on

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/8468159.Sussex_horse_owner_given_10_year_ban_after_animal_destroyed/

Apparently the poor mare had a deformity in a hind which needed correction - but there is no excuse in leaving her like this. Do you think the length of hoof is 3-6 years (growth)? AND she kept other horses too!... but where were they?

A lot of us over here are totally horrified and are so very near to owners location.

thanks for that, apart from the so obviously cruelty I was before I read your post and wondering why no one else had posted it, how on earth the feet started gowing back like that as usually they grow forward and curl if it is just due to them being purely neglected, but that more than explains it.

It is no less cruel though and I agree with all that poor poor horse and that lady should be banned for life, ( but not shot that is a little ott ) and her fine was ridulously small although sadly I think the judge was not able to fine higher.