This is suspicious I think

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Admin this is not an advert just want my suspicions confirmed before I delete and block this person.

I am sure this is a scam

I had a similar one last time I tried to sell my box please confirm my suspicions email goes :

Hello am interested in purchasing the Horsebox listed 7500 for sale kindly get back to me with your lowest asking price and availability of it
Best regards
Jenny

second email

Am from the Netherlands so am sure I can come to view it but am very satisfied with the pictures I saw on the advert, am willing to pay 7300 if that's OK by you.
thanks

who is satisfied to buy without viewing first before you agree the money.

I smell a rat

Why would they buy overseas

Do I delete and block this person ????

Last edited:

Greylegs

Visit site
Have you sent anything in reply? Is it just the fact that the person says they're from the Netherlands that's making you suspicious? Maybe ask them politely why they're looking at boxes in the UK? Can they not get something suitable a bit nearer home. Not sure i'd over-react at this stage TBH.

crabbymare

Visit site
just do as a friend did when she had that sort of offer on a saddle and tell them they can have it but will have to pay cash when they collect it as the internal microchip needs updating with their biometric data :D

Ladyinred

Visit site
I can't remember how this works, but, yes it is a scam. I do know when the sale is arranged their 'agent' will be coming to collect the box and they will want an awful lot more of your bank details than are necessary.

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Scam. They then send you info about someone who is going to look at it on their behalf, say they will transfer the money via bank transfer. Or they say that they will send a courier to pick it up and they will give you half the money, and then another half once it arrives with them. Just a scam to get your Paypal details, bank account details or the location of the wagon (so they can steal it).

Delete and block.

JulesRules

Visit site
I had the same thing when I was selling a car and found the following detailed all over the place on the internet when I Googled it.

Be VERY careful selling large items if the buyer is keen to use paypal and states they are working abroad or sending to a friend etc and need a shipping agent to pick it up..

You then get a FAKE paypal email saying you have been paid extra so you can*pay the shipping agent for them via western union and the payment is released to you after you have done that.

It*is a scam to get that western union payment, they don't want your car/ large item and the shipping agent is just a scam to get that payment.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Thanx Gals well !!!!!!!!!!!! here is No 2 trying to buy it.... when will they learn

Hello Seller, Am interested in immediate purchase of your listed Horsebox on dragondriving.co.uk and i would like to know the actual price you are willing to sell . Do you also accept PayPal and local pickup. Hope to read from you soon................Robert

I mean come on ... you ask things like the mileage - what height inside and overall - service history - and.......... *hope to READ from you soon????* read??? that is not English

Last edited:

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I've had a few of those recently for saddles I've got for sale and got replies similar to the one below.

Thanks for your prompt response.I want you to know that i cherish in purchasing it from you and am fine with the ( saddle ) and i am fine with the price which is ( £395 ) . I want you to know that it will be ship to Scotland. I have got a worldwide shipping company that I can awarded the shipment contract to on my behalf, never mind about the shipping arrangement as i will arranged it. I'll instruct my lawyer in States who his owing some funds to forward the payment for the purchase direct to you and the payment will be made out in certified bank check or cashier's check for instant cash at bank. Your purchase price and the shipping company fees who will come for the pick up from your premises and sign over the title,and the paper work will be included. My client will forward you the amount higher than the actual price and you will deduct your payment while the remaining balance of the fund to the shipping company that will be coming for the pick up at your premises immediately you receive the certified bank check or cashier's check and cash it so that they can come for the pick up arrangement and I'll be compensating you extra £30 for the stress and inconveniences towards this arrangement.You will send the remaining excess funds to their services through money-gram so that they can come for the pick on my behave once the transaction have been finalize.I will forward you the shipping company information soonest, I hope I can put all my trust in you towards this transaction?. If so,Kindly do this favor for me by bearing with my payment arrangement so that this transaction can be seal up as soon as possible. Kindly provide me with the correct contact information such as your full name and address where the check will be received and your valid home,work and cell phone numbers.

this is how it works

They give you a cheque or bank transfer for more than the full amount coming up with an excuse for the over payment e.g to allow for shipping or agents fees.
You pay the cheque/money is paid in to your bank and appears to be there
You pay the overpayment back to the requested account
The money is not cleared funds and is not honoured so the transaction is reversed
You are out of pocket for the overpayment

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
This is the email I sent back the first one

KIND OF SAD REALLY YOU THINKING i WOULD FALL FOR THIS

Any one who wants to buy without viewing and not asking general questions about my horse box and using foreign terms like

get a life and stop trying to scam people - as if i would give you my pay pal details or address with this kind of inquiry.

Why on earth would you want a right hand drive in a left hand drive country

BY THE WAY FORWARD THIS TO THE POLICE

second one i sent

KIND OF SAD REALLY YOU THINKING i WOULD FALL FOR THIS

here view one of your other scammers email to me

Hello am interested in purchasing the Horsebox listed 7500 for sale kindly get back to me with your lowest asking price and availability of it
Best regards
Jenny

Am from the Netherlands so am sure I can come to view it but am very satisfied with the pictures I saw on the advert, am willing to pay 7300 if that's OK by you.thanks

Any one who wants to buy without viewing and not asking general questions about my horse box and using foreign terms like

hope to read from you soon , that isn't even english

get a life and stop trying to scam people - as if i would give you my pay pal details or address with this kind of inquiry.

PS I HAVE FORWARD YOUR EMAIL TO THE POLICE

and i blocked their emails

Last edited:

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I've had a few of those recently for saddles I've got for sale and got replies similar to the one below.

Thanks for your prompt response.I want you to know that i cherish in purchasing it from you and am fine with the ( saddle ) and i am fine with the price which is ( £395 ) . I want you to know that it will be ship to Scotland. I have got a worldwide shipping company that I can awarded the shipment contract to on my behalf, never mind about the shipping arrangement as i will arranged it. I'll instruct my lawyer in States who his owing some funds to forward the payment for the purchase direct to you and the payment will be made out in certified bank check or cashier's check for instant cash at bank. Your purchase price and the shipping company fees who will come for the pick up from your premises and sign over the title,and the paper work will be included. My client will forward you the amount higher than the actual price and you will deduct your payment while the remaining balance of the fund to the shipping company that will be coming for the pick up at your premises immediately you receive the certified bank check or cashier's check and cash it so that they can come for the pick up arrangement and I'll be compensating you extra £30 for the stress and inconveniences towards this arrangement.You will send the remaining excess funds to their services through money-gram so that they can come for the pick on my behave once the transaction have been finalize.I will forward you the shipping company information soonest, I hope I can put all my trust in you towards this transaction?. If so,Kindly do this favor for me by bearing with my payment arrangement so that this transaction can be seal up as soon as possible. Kindly provide me with the correct contact information such as your full name and address where the check will be received and your valid home,work and cell phone numbers.

this is how it works

They give you a cheque or bank transfer for more than the full amount coming up with an excuse for the over payment e.g to allow for shipping or agents fees.
You pay the cheque/money is paid in to your bank and appears to be there
You pay the overpayment back to the requested account

The money is not cleared funds and is not honoured so the transaction is reversed
You are out of pocket for the overpayment
lying cheating scum bags

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
The names will change constantly. I got pretty much the same email but different names.

The giveaway for me apart from the fact I know about overpayment scams is the use of english. American spelling and usage for someone who in the case above was allegedly from Scotland.