this is very strange 100% scam do you think ???

PaintboxEDT

Visit site
I have my horsebox up for sale on some horsey sites and i have just recieved these strange emails !!!

1st one
Hi seller,

"Happy new year I'm interested in the advert for sale listed on internet .Please e-mail me at your earliest convenience. With the price and your phone number. Thanks"

Regard,

2nd one

"Thanks i know your phone number is on the web but i just want to confirm that you are real owner can i know the lorry last price before i proceed to my payment."

last and the worst one !!!!

"for the lorry price am ok with it.am base in London after my payment i will handle the lorry shipment from your location to mine i would like you to send me your full details so i can send my cheque for the payment.

Full Name:
Address:
postal code:
phone number:

as soon as i received your address the cheque will be mail to you thanks for your understanding."

call me sceptical but i think this is to dodgey for words ??

HollyB66

Visit site
Don't touch it with a barge pole. It looks like the scam where they send you a cheque higher than the value agreed, so you give them some money/cheque back - poss bank transfer. You then find out their cheque was made of rubber and you've given them some money.

Or something like that...

Def dodgy

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Run as fast as you can, and don't look back.
S
grin.gif

Nudibranch

Visit site
Yes I had very similar ones when I sold my car. The thing is the questions were really stupid, asking for price/photos etc when they were already listed. He also said he would arrange to pay for the "shipping" to Glasgow.... from Newcastle??? As Holly says it sounds very much like the cheque clearing scam.

I found a quick email telling him to get lost stopped any further communication.
grin.gif

Tiffany

Visit site
I would ignore them personally. If they were interested, why not ask questions about the vehicle and viewing?

Good luck selling it.
smile.gif

Vixxy

Visit site
I had very similar replies to an ad I placed selling a horse, worded slightly differently but basically the same.

Ignore is the best move in my opinion.

Strange though, when I had this when selling a horse I could not quite see how the scam works.

treena

Visit site
this is the reason i do not put my email address on any advert......phone numbers only....scammers wont call....x

rcm_73

Visit site
Have had very similar ones when I've had ponies up for sale, def a scam, usually you will notice the English isn't too great and will refer to whatever you are selling as an 'item' or words to that effect which probably means that it is a standard email they generate to many sellers of different things. I would be very wary of ever giving your details out in this way obviously bank details and such but also your name and address especially if that is where the 'item' is kept. I just ignore them when I get them or reply that the 'item' is no longer for sale.

Serenity087

Now would I be a Kentish lass, or a lass of Kent?
Visit site
I'd keep emailling him.... you can have a lot of fun with these scammers
laugh.gif

Then send them to the relevant authorities...

I recieved a scam email asking me to invest in his business, but he'd not be able to visit me as he lived in manchester Uk.
I typed up a whole reply about how great that was, because I was also in manchester UK, so we could find his clients their best possible investment...
sadly, someone had already disabled the email
frown.gif

cptrayes

Visit site
I got an eBay "second chance offer" on an £800 saddle I missed out on once. Only thing was, the saddle was for sale in Kent and the second chance offer came from a bloke in America. I didn't take him up on it .
smirk.gif
I think eBay have improved their security on second chance offers since then.