This sounds fishy to me advise please

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I am selling my horse box through horse and hound this is not an advert as I have a legit H&H advert in classified, please don't give me an infraction

I got this email and it does not sit right my advert says why i am selling and loads of photos and a full description gut feeling is its a scam and should notify H&H

he doesn't ask any normal questions like how often its used - reg service can i or someone view it!!!

what do you thinks guys and gals??

Alright,
I am very keen. How i wish i could come for viewing and inspection as
am currently oversea (China) at the moment and I want it picked up
before i get back, though i wont back in couple of weeks. Due to my
inability to make a bank deposit,I would be paying via PayPal which is
safer for me. Kindly send me a paypal payment invoice or create an
account at www.paypal.com if you dont have one.Or I can also transfer
money from my PayPal account to your bank account.All i need for that
is your bank details i.e bank name,account holder's name,account
number and bsb so i can proceed with payment.I will make a concrete
pick up arrangement with my transport agent who will be coming over
for pick up once you receive full payment into your account.Have a
nice day. Few more photos will be appreciated as well and what is the
final price?

I'd like to know certain things too

Are you the first owner?
What is your reason for selling it?

I'm sorry, just want to be sure about the sale before I proceed.

xxxxxx

dizzyneddy

Visit site
Agree with others - a big scam if an overseas buyer wants it he'd surely get a representative to view the vehicle to check it on his behalf. What you need to ask yourself is would you buy something like that from aboard unseen because l certainly wouldn't? Hope you sell your horsebox soon

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Agree with others - a big scam if an overseas buyer wants it he'd surely get a representative to view the vehicle to check it on his behalf. What you need to ask yourself is would you buy something like that from aboard unseen because l certainly wouldn't? Hope you sell your horsebox soon

That is what I thought you want to test drive, find out what the engine is like etc.

he has replied again I had emailed him yesterday before thinking it was strange, he wont hear from me again.............

Alright,
I am very keen. How i wish i could come for viewing and inspection as
am currently oversea (China) at the moment and I want it picked up
before i get back, though i wont back in couple of weeks. Due to my
inability to make a bank deposit,I would be paying via PayPal which is
safer for me. Kindly send me a paypal payment invoice or create an
account at www.paypal.com if you dont have one.Or I can also transfer
money from my PayPal account to your bank account.All i need for that
is your bank details i.e bank name,account holder's name,account
number and bsb so i can proceed with payment.I will make a concrete
pick up arrangement with my transport agent who will be coming over
for pick up once you receive full payment into your account.Have a
nice day. Few more photos will be appreciated as well and what is the
final price?

I'd like to know certain things too

Are you the first owner?
What is your reason for selling it?

I'm sorry, just want to be sure about the sale before I proceed.

xxxx

Dry Rot

Visit site
I manage a few web sites and for technical reasons my email address can be accessed for the moment. I must get a dozen scamming emails a day.

If you want to get some harmless satisfaction, download MailWasher. It allows you to send the email back to it's server -- which they don't like! If a spammer gets too many bounced emails, the server will often shut them down. It also allows you to safely read emails on the server and bounce them back to the sender if you don't like them with the sender being none the wiser that they've been read! Oh, it's free too and perfectly safe.

http://www.mailwasher.net

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
I get these sort of scams all the time and mainly asking to send a price list and how do they order load of my goods etc , gets quite boring so one day I replied and sent them a huge pro forma (for thousands) invoice asking for a cheque immediately, never heard a thing after that, helped pass the time anyway!
I now just block the address but there's so many you can't keep up with them.

JPJPJP

Visit site
Dodgier than Mr Dodge and his twin sister going to the national dodging competition in Dodge City in a Dodge Charger

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I have now deleted all the emails FWIW I thought it was but hubby was pushing me into asking my bank. I said no I am 99.9% sure its a scam. But wanted like minded H&H members opinions, so yes it might be there to hit you in the face or do you have to ask. But when you want extra confirmation you ask others. I don't see the harm of confirming it, even if some think one should know straight off. I have never sold a vehicle on line before, as my boxes have been sold private or local magazine.

Why do these sad people have to do this and spoil it for serious buyers

twobearsarthur

Visit site
I have now deleted all the emails FWIW I thought it was but hubby was pushing me into asking my bank. I said no I am 99.9% sure its a scam. But wanted like minded H&H members opinions, so yes it might be there to hit you in the face or do you have to ask. But when you want extra confirmation you ask others. I don't see the harm of confirming it, even if some think one should know straight off. I have never sold a vehicle on line before, as my boxes have been sold private or local magazine.

Why do these sad people have to do this and spoil it for serious buyers

Because enough people still fall for it and they make a lot of money out of conning people out of there money and belongings.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
At least OP was sensible enough to ask on here first, don't think people should jump down her throat for that

Thank you:) that is the trouble with H & H you ask opinions and some look upon you as stupid not to know it is a scam or could be one.

I would never slate anyone for asking before reacting, even when your sure it is a scam, doesn't hurt to ask others does it? or to tell others its doing the rounds that is how everyone learns about these sad humans who create these stupid scams.?.

The funny one I laugh at is when they send a pay pal email to a certain email I have (work one) saying my account is limited. Ebay and Pay Pal is registered with a totally different email.

I find its easier to straight away think scam when its someone else s email as you think straighter, as sometimes when its yours you begin to doubt or question it.

Last edited:

BethanT

Visit site
Definitely scam, anyone asking for your bank details is a big no no! Afterall if paying via paypal why would they need that? As paypal is just an e-mail adress. I do wonder how some people fall for this.

dizzyneddy

Visit site
Why do these sad people have to do this and spoil it for serious buyers[/QUOTE]

Don't be too hard on yourself - now that technology has advanced scammers are here to stay sadly to add to the timewasters & tyre kickers. Like you say its unfair on the genuine buyers but don't get disheartened you'll sell your horsebox the buyer is out there somewhere :)